How to make Farmageddon a trophy game?

benman82

Nov 17, 2009
I saw on reddit a suggestion that each team have a section of land next to the stadium that in each year corn or wheat is planted, depending on who won the prior year.

It would be even better if the losing team had to come over and plant it!

Spanky

Oct 14, 2009
Would it be animal cruelty to have a live stock trophy? Since we are both big time AG schools I’d assume k-State also has a good stock barn on campus. Start with a heifer and when she is ready to retire the 2 vet schools can select one of her calves to be the new “trophy”. Is it any different than teams having living mascots?

How's about losing team provides a calf, winning team slaughters it at mid field and the MVP eats the beating heart?
Just a thought.

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
3/4 of the fans on both sides of the field have no idea what this dumb new urban word means or how to pronounce it.
Nobody has heard of the word “Armageddon”? Literally just put an F in front of it. Not that crazy. You must have low faith in the collective IQs of both fanbases.

psychlone99

Apr 6, 2006
psychlone99.wordpress.com
We probably need to win this game a little more often to make it a trophy game.
I would have agreed with this at one point in time, but I feel differently now for a couple reasons.

1) While KSU has ripped off 9 in a row, it hasn't been domination by any stretch of the imagination.

2) I think the shared cultures of the two schools makes the series and potential rivalry more exciting, especially in the era of conference realignment and expansion where Nebraska and Rutgers are conference foes. I feel like I would easily relate to a KSU grad, even though I don't know any personally.

Spanky

Oct 14, 2009
I would have agreed with this at one point in time, but I feel differently now for a couple reasons.

1) While KSU has ripped off 9 in a row, it hasn't been domination by any stretch of the imagination.

2) I think the shared cultures of the two schools makes the series and potential rivalry more exciting, especially in the era of conference realignment and expansion where Nebraska and Rutgers are conference foes. I feel like I would easily relate to a KSU grad, even though I don't know any personally.

You've never followed EMAW......

Blandboy

Mar 31, 2006
Bettendorf
Nobody has heard of the word “Armageddon”? Literally just put an F in front of it. Not that crazy. You must have low faith in the collective IQs of both fanbases.

Seriously? Anybody have a Bible? In the New Testament book of Revelation, Armageddon is the prophesied location of last battle on earth prior to Christ’s return.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Seriously? Anybody have a Bible? In the New Testament book of Revelation, Armageddon is the prophesied location of last battle on earth prior to Christ’s return.

It's one event I want to witness...the hope is to have a few beers on hand because I probably won't have time to get to the store.

cycophagus

Aug 16, 2012
MN
I know ... a silver belt buckle!
785ea340ec242d7da585ee3bb6aac469.jpg

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
I'm still just trying to imagine the sight of the winning team rushing over to the other side of the field, climbing onto the tractor and riding it back into the locker room...o_O

Reactions: cycophagus

BMWallace

SuperFanatic
Sep 11, 2011
Chicago, IL
Yeah, that's me. I've got a '53 Deere "B" (I think). Would need a lot of work. But I figure some kid could fix it up for an Eagle Scout project or something...

I would love to give it to the ISU ROTC or a Fraternity (that has ISU/KSU chapters) to be caretakers...

I think the winners year plaque could go on the engine case and the wheels could get painted cardinal/gold, purple/white(silver) for the winner.
I really like the tractor. Having an old tractor rev onto the field before every Farmaggedon game would be awesome!

And I bet they could get John Deere or Case to be a corporate sponsor of the trophy (Depending on the make of the tractor of course).

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron