UMKC at Iowa State

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
This a bit off topic but, I think it should be noted. While attending the game last night, I saw the following:

1) Coach Prohm and family took seats right before tipoff (after a very early AM return home)
2) Several Men's B-ball players were wondering around
3) 2 or 3 Volleyball girl's were also arond

The point is that the way all of the programs at ISU cross-support each other is really something to proud of at ISU and I doubt you'd find that at many other places. The culture put in by Jamie Pollard helps with this and we fans should realize how special it is

ankenycyclone

Jul 23, 2008
Iowa
This a bit off topic but, I think it should be noted. While attending the game last night, I saw the following:

1) Coach Prohm and family took seats right before tipoff (after a very early AM return home)
2) Several Men's B-ball players were wondering around
3) 2 or 3 Volleyball girl's were also arond

The point is that the way all of the programs at ISU cross-support each other is really something to proud of at ISU and I doubt you'd find that at many other places. The culture put in by Jamie Pollard helps with this and we fans should realize how special it is

A Number of football players were there as well, including David Montgomery. Couldn't tell if he had a boot on, but he was standing and cheering several times. It is great to see the support between the teams.

• Winner
Reactions: riceville98

savepolarbears

Dec 4, 2013
[QUOTE="

0. UMKC is BAD. Why were they wasting 15 seconds on the shot clock only to launch a 3 from the top of the key. Even when they were hitting them, they slowed it down. The only explanation i could come up with is that their game plan was just to not get blown out.

.[/QUOTE]

They won the third and fourth quarters. Sometimes a young team is better off running a play than running motion.

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
I thought that should have been a completely blowout game. We have a far higher talent level than our opponent. The second half, I thought we should have reacted to their strategy, but instead we were completely passive to them slowing the game down on offense. It was like, we were alright with what they were doing as long as they didn't get it under 14 points. I thought we should have switched our defensive strategy since they switched their offensive strategy. The second half felt like they were the aggressor and we were completely passive. I did not get a good feeling from this game.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
I did not get a good feeling from this game.

Sort of disappointing to watch the men begin to show promise while the women stagnate or even retrograde. They have similar talent ranking and experience returning, yet I did not get a good feeling either watching this "Helter Skelter" tribute.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
UMKC did to ISU in the second half what ISU tries to do to Baylor every time -- run the clock down, try for one good shot, limit total possessions, eliminate run-out chances.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Okay, I didn't care for the game much but saw this on FB and thought it was kinda cool for the two freshman.

23794864_1638792876141305_4836491289454113915_n.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: StClone

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
And ISU athletics need better editing on the FB post graphics. :rolleyes:

They have the 3rd and 4th quarter points attributed to the wrong teams

23755356_1638682762818983_3069286868438472474_n.jpg

ISC

Oct 15, 2009
Iowa
Sort of disappointing to watch the men begin to show promise while the women stagnate or even retrograde. They have similar talent ranking and experience returning, yet I did not get a good feeling either watching this "Helter Skelter" tribute.

I think you are overreacting a bit. While it wasn’t a perfect game by the women, it was a typical crappy non-con game. I think they’re even still a little ahead of where i thought they’d be. Especially given both Emily and Nia are nursing injuries

• Agree

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
I think you are overreacting a bit. While it wasn’t a perfect game by the women, it was a typical crappy non-con game. I think they’re even still a little ahead of where i thought they’d be. Especially given both Emily and Nia are nursing injuries

You may be right. Em's limited time could be a big factor. And, all three Freshman are doing better than expected. Just wanted more out of a long-time coach and staff, the top Junior College player, a Canadian team member, some our of our best recruiting classes against a lesser team into our third game. Will keep watching and cheering.

• Agree

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
Like the men, BF needs to find a primary ball handler, I love Bridget, but it is not her game, and it limits the rest of her game.

• Agree
Reactions: StClone

ISC

Oct 15, 2009
Iowa
Like the men, BF needs to find a primary ball handler, I love Bridget, but it is not her game, and it limits the rest of her game.

We have a primary ball handler, she's just been injured along with her backup. But totally agree on Bridget

mwwbbfan

Jun 1, 2010
Iowa City, IA
I also think you saw a distracted team that knew they were going to win the game. They left at 3am following the game for Bimini. I know that it should not be an excuse but am guessing not a normal routine to be packing etc before a game.