How to make Farmageddon a trophy game?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ISUTKD

Nov 9, 2009
Portland
How about a rusty pitchfork...

1200px-Grant_Wood_-_American_Gothic_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg

bgprest

Aug 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
search

Get one of those old cast iron tractor models and let the team that wins it paint it up in their own school colors for the year they "own" it.

Attachments

• cast iron tractor.jpg
    cast iron tractor.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 13

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
I say we go the Land Grant Trophy route and just grab random **** from houses in Manhattan and Ames. For the first 10 years the winner gets to add another trinket

land_grant_trophy_4501_medium.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: istater7

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
I thought somebody offered an antique tractor once.

Paint half purple and silver, the other half cardinal and gold, etc.
Yeah, that's me. I've got a '53 Deere "B" (I think). Would need a lot of work. But I figure some kid could fix it up for an Eagle Scout project or something...

I would love to give it to the ISU ROTC or a Fraternity (that has ISU/KSU chapters) to be caretakers...

I think the winners year plaque could go on the engine case and the wheels could get painted cardinal/gold, purple/white(silver) for the winner.

Blandboy

Mar 31, 2006
Bettendorf
Would it be animal cruelty to have a live stock trophy? Since we are both big time AG schools I’d assume k-State also has a good stock barn on campus. Start with a heifer and when she is ready to retire the 2 vet schools can select one of her calves to be the new “trophy”. Is it any different than teams having living mascots?

we could recycle the Iowa State Fair butter cow.

Reactions: cycophagus

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I thought somebody offered an antique tractor once.

Paint half purple and silver, the other half cardinal and gold, etc.

I think we had this same thread about 3-5 years ago, and a travelling tractor was exactly the preferred option. Bonus of having Deere or Case donate some $$ to sponsor it.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
How about some barbed wire fence to keep each other off each other's land?