Terrence Lewis playing time

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
View attachment 51838

What? Lewis is pretty big for a freshman, not sure what you're talking about. Are you looking at senior year photos?

He is a great physical specimen, but looks like he needs the rigors of a few years in a good college conditioning program.

• Friendly
Reactions: Dingus

CyHans

Apr 28, 2010
Lewis is only 4 games into a college career.

let's hold off judgment on his outlook this season till at least 5?

Seriously Lewis will be fine. Right now him and Long/Talley are competing for those minutes and I wouldn't be surprised if he ends having those at the end of the year. Prohm has shown that wants a trust level in his freshman before playing them in high leverage minutes (Long/Young last year).
Agreed. I went to the Milwaukee game (big mistake) and he played some and I thought he looked pretty smooth. I also didn't think he looked all that skinny like several have said about him. He'll put muscle on and be in the line up when he's ready.

• Winner
Reactions: ComCY

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Everything is moving a little too fast for him right now. He is struggling on defense, which is a good way to get sent to the bench in a hurry. I was happy to see him with a good attitude on the bench. He was celebrating and usually the first guy to greet his teammates during timeouts. That sounds small, but keeping guys on the bench engaged is important, especially when they're freshman.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Agreed. I went to the Milwaukee game (big mistake) and he played some and I thought he looked pretty smooth. I also didn't think he looked all that skinny like several have said about him. He'll put muscle on and be in the line up when he's ready.
Yes, imo the question is when does he become a regular contributor, not will he. With our limited guard depth it could be sooner than expected.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Seems to be that Prohm gives Long a good look in the 1st half. 4-5 minutes. If Long is productive in that 4-5 min. he gets another go in the 2nd half. If he isn't, he doesn't get his shot in the 2nd half. Prohm is making his guys prove it. I really like it, he's creating competition which can only make them better as a whole.

Lewis will have his chance, as will the other fringe players Long and Talley. It's nice to at least have options. Last year we had to stick guys like Solo, D-Jax and W-B in there ready or not when the Holden experiment flopped and Bowie was a bit slow to adjust. Difference this year being we only need one or two of that 3 person group to really contribute at the moment.

ISUMojoMan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 2, 2010
I think last year there was a big fall off in players 8,9,10. I’m hoping this year we can go a little deeper with a group of 3-4 players who can come in and allow our starters to rest for a few minutes without losing the lead. This year we seem to wane at the ten minute mark and let teams back in. If we’re gonna lose leads might as well have the starters get some rest while we lose it. Gonna be fun to watch the process as CSP coaches them up.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
I went to the Milwaukee game too. There was not a whole lot of smooth anywhere on the court.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
This is a frustrating thread. Five games into his Cyclone career and some are concerned about Lewis' playing time/production. The kid has been compared to some very impressive Cyclones but I think we remember the end results of those guys not the beginning.

Prohm has ten scholarship players that's it but he is never going to use a ten man rotation. He's going to get spoon fed minutes and at some point he's going to breakout. Until that point his growth will be limited to practice.

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
This is a frustrating thread. Five games into his Cyclone career and some are concerned about Lewis' playing time/production. The kid has been compared to some very impressive Cyclones but I think we remember the end results of those guys not the beginning.

Prohm has ten scholarship players that's it but he is never going to use a ten man rotation. He's going to get spoon fed minutes and at some point he's going to breakout. Until that point his growth will be limited to practice.

Same thing with Solomon last year. He had to learn first before getting substantial PT.

DrT

Nov 17, 2012
Mammoth Lakes, CA
I think last year there was a big fall off in players 8,9,10. I’m hoping this year we can go a little deeper with a group of 3-4 players who can come in and allow our starters to rest for a few minutes without losing the lead. This year we seem to wane at the ten minute mark and let teams back in. If we’re gonna lose leads might as well have the starters get some rest while we lose it. Gonna be fun to watch the process as CSP coaches them up.

Agree! Would like to see a TEN m,an rotation when practical! It could be a bit like Kentucky, the way they shuttled five in/five out at a time!

• Funny
Reactions: Cyforce

davehon

Apr 4, 2015
Agree! Would like to see a TEN m,an rotation when practical! It could be a bit like Kentucky, the way they shuttled five in/five out at a time!
Sounds like you are a Hawk. Looks like it is working for them. Kentucky has 10 5* we turn our 3* into 5* by their 4th year. Stick with a 7-8 man rotation and put the 9th and 10 guys in when needed (foul trouble/blowouts)

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
A quick KO of a 300 RPI tomato can is always a good entry level place for extended minutes.

There have to be some coming up, right?

I hung this one right over the middle of the plate, BTW.

• Funny
Reactions: sadam

IASTATE4LIFE

Apr 22, 2010
He looked pretty darn good last night, imo it is only a matter of learning how to play defense until he sees significant minutes. Looks like a natural scorer and appears to have elite athleticism. I would say the same about lard as well. I think as the season goes on our lineup minutes are going to be changing significantly.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
He looked pretty darn good last night, imo it is only a matter of learning how to play defense until he sees significant minutes. Looks like a natural scorer and appears to have elite athleticism. I would say the same about lard as well. I think as the season goes on our lineup minutes are going to be changing significantly.
He looked okay. I know Long was out with a concussion, but I think Lewis has more upside.

I don’t see elite athleticism, but good enough for his size. Assuming he gets comfortable shooting he’s a 3rd guard/wing that should open the floor.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclonefam

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
He most certainly does not have elite athleticism.

• Disagree
Reactions: CloneFan4 and ComCY

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
It was nice to see him score and I'm happy for the kid getting some positive momentum going for the season but no one doubts he can score, so I'm not sure he did anything that changes his PT. Him not playing against Boise was more about matchups than how he was playing. He'll continue to get a heat check most games, if a few shots fall, he'll play more, if not or if he struggles on defense, he'll sit and Long will get his shot. The thing is, Long is really the only one he is competing with for minutes and he doesn't get a ton either, he's not going to take any from Jackson, NWB or Wigginton and the Beverly haters need to get over it, he's not going anywhere.

The thing you have to love is his attitude. He came into the game ready to fire and he brings good effort at both ends of the court. He's going to have a night or two this year where he goes all Tyrus McGee (or Jakolby Long) and throws up 10-12 points in 4 or 5 minutes.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Pretty encouraged from what we've seen from Long and Lewis lately, and if ISU keeps evolving into a transition team there should be minutes for both. At the very least get some heat check or matchup minutes. I really like Longs D so far and being even an inconsistent threat from 3 warrants some mins.