Backcourt and the future

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
I just want to ask where all the negative nancys on Prohm are? Saying that he's a terrible coach and all. This is an extremely young and inexperienced team so it'll take time to build that team chemistry. But, to say that Prohm was a terrible coach was pure lunacy. By no means am I predicting NCAA tourney, but give this group some time to learn and grow. They should definitely compete and NIT shouldn't be out of question. Yeah, it looked bleak the first two games, but can we PLEASE stop with the Prohm can't coach. He's young and still learning. The fact he said he could now return to Ames shows he at least has a sense of humor with all the hateful comments I saw on twitter after those first two games.

I think it'll be fun to watch this team grow and see how he coaches them to March.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Please just remember. Things are never as bad as they seem (see last week) and never as good as they seem (life immediately following the PR tournament championship). Let's try to resist our predilection to bipolarism.

Things aren't as dark as they might have seemed after our losses to Misery and Milwaukee, however let's pump the brakes on talk that this team is going to the dance. They have yet to beat or even play with a Big 12 caliber tournament team. I am hopeful, but let's give them a chance to grow rather than pumping them way up so we can melt down again.

Agreed. I was just happy to see them bounce back over the weekend and show a lot of improvement. That's enough for now. Excited to see what they could be by late February, but there are still plenty of questions to be answered before then.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I just want to ask where all the negative nancys on Prohm are? Saying that he's a terrible coach and all. This is an extremely young and inexperienced team so it'll take time to build that team chemistry. But, to say that Prohm was a terrible coach was pure lunacy. By no means am I predicting NCAA tourney, but give this group some time to learn and grow. They should definitely compete and NIT shouldn't be out of question. Yeah, it looked bleak the first two games, but can we PLEASE stop with the Prohm can't coach. He's young and still learning. The fact he said he could now return to Ames shows he at least has a sense of humor with all the hateful comments I saw on twitter after those first two games.

I think it'll be fun to watch this team grow and see how he coaches them to March.
Can you link a post to someone that said he was a terrible coach? You’ll always be able to find such things on Twitter about almost any coach. If you need universal praise on Twitter, or any other such medium for affirmation, you’re always going to be disappointed.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Seeing how we look when we are firing on all cylinders had me all fired up. Babb is already the MVP this year. I only expect bigger and better things from a very young team. We make the tourney. Book it.
This year?

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
Beverly averages an assist every 51 minutes and Solo is every 67 minutes is what I took away from that. Giving Percy Gibson a run for his money. :)
Percy always wanted it in isolation though. Solo usually takes what's there.

CloneFan65

Apr 11, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
One thing they have to remedy is the turnovers. Monte was brilliant with his assist to turnover ratio. NWB and the rest of the guys need to dramatically reduce the TO's.

In the tournament we only averaged 10 TOs a game. If we could do that the rest of the season it would be outstanding. Offensively it seems ISU gets out of it's rhythm in the half court. They settle for a one-on-one fade away. I think as the season progresses we'll see that less often and a more consistent offense.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Seeing how we look when we are firing on all cylinders had me all fired up. Babb is already the MVP this year. I only expect bigger and better things from a very young team. We make the tourney. Book it.

Can't tell if you're baiting CFers or serious here. Just too soon to tell until the competition ramps up and of course avoiding injuries/suspensions. Will be interesting at what thoughts will be posted come Jan/Feb. All of us are encouraged by last three games, but to make the tourney, you're talking going at least 9-9 in the big12. Looking at the other 11 teams, that will be pretty challenging for this roster to do. CSP is big12 coach of the year if he gets it done, imo, AND we know they'll be trying their damnest to do it. Lard, Wigginton, Talley, Long, and even Solomon still look like young pups out there sometimes, tho.

Baylor with an 18 point lead on Wisc last night and Texas Tech with a throttling of a rated Northwestern bodes well for Big12 . Not to mention Kansas, West Virginia, TCU, OU, Texas, etc. Man, its going to be super tough every night out in the big12. Any predictions on how many losses the Big12 champ will have this year? KU supposedly getting more studs at semester time so that could help them, too.

• Agree
Reactions: FinalFourCy

RoseClone

Oct 18, 2006
Nick has certainly looked the part of an NBA point guard the last three games. Dare I say he looks more like one than Monte ever did, for the reasons you mention.
Nick has certainly looked the part of an NBA point guard the last three games. Dare I say he looks more like one than Monte ever did, for the reasons you mention.

I think people are getting way ahead of themselves on this. This is the kind of talk that when the kid doesn't live up to the crazy talk.....he is a disappointment. When actually it was just nonsense to begin with.

• Disagree
Reactions: FinalFourCy