Can we talk about Nebraska?...

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Nebby is really bad - I almost look forward to Iowa pounding them next week.

When it comes to Iowa this year there are no guarantees what team will show up. NU hung with PU pretty well today and beat Purdue. Anything can happen on senior day.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Had a co-worker who's a Wisky fan tell me last week after ISU's game that nobody in the Big 12 plays defense. I didn't say anything, and couldn't argue that ISU played bad defense last week. And I can't argue that Wisconsin really does have a nice defense, although I'd like to see what their secondary does vs. a Rudolph/Mayfield type but either way they're stout.

But I'll have to remember to ask about these 56-44 type of games in the B1G.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
UCLA just canned Mora. What the **** are the Bugeaters waiting for?

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
There's some interesting conversations going on in this

I can’t help but think Riley is excited to get fired. You get to escape Nebraska forever and get paid millions doing it. Sounds like a win win to me!

My Husker friends live in a complete land of delusion and won’t accept that Nebby will never be a powerhouse again now that they can’t use partial qualifiers, triple option is dead, and no natural recruiting grounds. The last 15 years is just some random anomaly I guess. They always reply that their number of NCs will always make them a premier program, to which I respond “then so are the Gophers”.

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
When it comes to Iowa this year there are no guarantees what team will show up. NU hung with PU pretty well today and beat Purdue. Anything can happen on senior day.

The final score was not any indication of how that game went. It was 56-24 before PSU called off the dogs and Nebby scores 3TDs in garbage time in the 4th quarter against PSU reserves.

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
I know I've said it before, but Scott Frost should remember this quote:

"Hell, I even thought I was dead, but I found out I was just in Nebraska."

- Little Bill in Unforgiven

You better bury Ned right!... Better not cut up, nor otherwise harm no whores... or I'll come back and kill every one of you sons of *******

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
  • Funny
Reactions: cyhiphopp and kbud

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Funny how both nebraska and Missouri had really good initial years when they got to their new conferences. Once their Big 12 recruits dried up they have tanked, and tanked miserably. It's been wonderful to watch.
This has been huge at Nebby (and forced them to look elsewhere for recruits...with definitely mixed results). And, while Frost has succeeded down at CF with his style of offense, not sure how well it will run in the BIG against defenses much better than he operates against now. The defense is definitely a big question...just seems like Nebby fans are deluding themselves...

• Agree
Reactions: GM4ISU

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
just seems like Nebby fans are deluding themselves...

And they've been doing it since 2003 when they fired Solich. The past 4 coaches have all had the distinction of being known as "the worst coach in program history." It doesn't matter whomever ends up with that job, that coach will be number 5 on that list.