Dash cam, who has them?

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
We have one, and usually keep it with the RV. FYI: they record audio too.... surprised us as we played one of the looped videos back.

I plan on buying one for the Van and the teenagers car.

You might want to let the teenager know about the audio part to avoid that awkward "after prom" conversation.

• Funny
Reactions: wxman1

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I am another vote for a Rexing. Interstate drivers are idiots, so it's pretty cheap insurance for me.
I took off the A pillar and routed a powered cable under the head liner to a fuse box and bought a tap in connection. I selected something (seat) that is always powered when driving.

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
So serious question. Why do you want this in your car? Just for insurance in case there's an accident and you can prove it wasn't your fault?

I've watched a ton of car crash compilation videos online and they can really save your bacon. People do stupid things in cars, and there are a lot of instances where you would be at fault without cam footage, even though it was in no way your fault. People have no problem lying about accidents. A lot of the footage online even has audio of the person lying right there on the camera.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
I will probably have one in the next few years. Could save you in a traffic ticket as well, as cops love to pull you over for "following too closely."

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
I am another vote for a Rexing. Interstate drivers are idiots, so it's pretty cheap insurance for me.
I took off the A pillar and routed a powered cable under the head liner to a fuse box and bought a tap in connection. I selected something (seat) that is always powered when driving.

Agreed, I consider it insurance not only for accidents but in case I get pulled over for something stupid like running a red light or whatever else a cop might want to make up that can be disproven. I have mine hard wired into my accessory fuse in the dash. My car turns on that fuse as soon as I hit the unlock button on my fob, and it stays on for 30 minutes after shutting the car off. You can't even see the wiring, easy to install and super clean.

Earlier I mentioned 90fps for the memory card, I meant 90mb/s. Here are a couple of vids from my Rexing, the quality of the .mov files is much better than what they look like after they're uploaded to youtube.

• Informative
Reactions: khardbored

Cy94

Nov 11, 2011
i know having dash cams, nanny cams, doorbell cams are popular, but the constant surveillance we are subjecting ourselves is unsettling. Black Mirror is starting to look like a documentary series.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Agreed, I consider it insurance not only for accidents but in case I get pulled over for something stupid like running a red light or whatever else a cop might want to make up that can be disproven. I have mine hard wired into my accessory fuse in the dash. My car turns on that fuse as soon as I hit the unlock button on my fob, and it stays on for 30 minutes after shutting the car off. You can't even see the wiring, easy to install and super clean.

Earlier I mentioned 90fps for the memory card, I meant 90mb/s. Here are a couple of vids from my Rexing, the quality of the .mov files is much better than what they look like after they're uploaded to youtube.

I wonder if that Tesla at 28 seconds automatically moved back into its lane? I hate that section of road. Nearly every day I see someone swerve over.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
I wonder if that Tesla at 28 seconds automatically moved back into its lane? I hate that section of road. Nearly every day I see someone swerve over.

lulz.....that's why I pulled that video off the card when I got home. Probably needed a change of shorts after that one.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron