NFL: ***Official Week 11 Thread***

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Peterman is having a record book kind of game for the Bills. 5 INT's in a half.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
That organization is a dumpster fire. Tyrod Taylor deserves better than that rinky dink operation. He's not a world beater but he isn't awful. He'd be starting for 10-12 other teams in the league right now, and they treat him like he's got leprosy.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Didn't get to watch but what in the world happened to the Chiefs. No TD's against a terrible 1-10 team? After a bye-week. At least the lest of that division is terrible.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
I really hate Alex Smith sometimes. He’ll never be the reason you win a game but he can be the reason you lose. So many checkdowns.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Broncos fire Mike McCoy. At what point does the blame for their terrible offense reach Mr. Elway's doorstep? He put this team together. He can't blame anyone else for the terrible QBs he has on the roster. The guy is wasting a good defense.

• Agree
Reactions: jbindm

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Broncos fire Mike McCoy. At what point does the blame for their terrible offense reach Mr. Elway's doorstep? He put this team together. He can't blame anyone else for the terrible QBs he has on the roster. The guy is wasting a good defense.

Yep. McCoy is a scapegoat. I don't know how Elway continues to avoid criticism. I get that everyone is going to miss on QB sooner or later. But with Osweiler, Lynch, and Siemien that's three straight whiffs.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines

I thought it was hilarious when McDermott said he would evaluate the QBs before naming a starter next week. WTF is there to evaluate?! Other than the first INT (which you could put on the receiver...it bounced right off his hands) Peterman was the only QB I can think of this season who's had an arguably worse game than Scott Tolzien for the Colts in Week One.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Yep. McCoy is a scapegoat. I don't know how Elway continues to avoid criticism. I get that everyone is going to miss on QB sooner or later. But with Osweiler, Lynch, and Siemien that's three straight whiffs.

I'm curious what they do this offseason. They've got a first round QB in Lynch, that they've barely kicked the tires on. 2 career starts, and only played in 3 total games. They'll give him a chance to start before too long, and maybe that will give them some data, but if he doesn't light it up, it seems crazy that they'd use another high draft pick on a QB this year. Do they go all in on a free agent like Cousins? Or maybe try to acquire Tyrod Taylor? They almost have to be in "win now" mode, because they can't keep that defense together forever. It might not be able to withstand a couple more years of less than stellar offense, while they try to bring along a young QB.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I'm curious what they do this offseason. They've got a first round QB in Lynch, that they've barely kicked the tires on. 2 career starts, and only played in 3 total games. They'll give him a chance to start before too long, and maybe that will give them some data, but if he doesn't light it up, it seems crazy that they'd use another high draft pick on a QB this year. Do they go all in on a free agent like Cousins? Or maybe try to acquire Tyrod Taylor? They almost have to be in "win now" mode, because they can't keep that defense together forever. It might not be able to withstand a couple more years of less than stellar offense, while they try to bring along a young QB.

Their best case scenario is Lynch stepping up and proving he should be the starter. He's on a cheap rookie deal so they can fortify the roster around him if he's competent. But if that doesn't work out, I don't know. They'll have some cap space going into the offseason (around 13 million according to Spotrac), so signing someone like Cousins would probably require some flexibility they just don't have without shedding a lot of salary. Tyrod Taylor would be an interesting choice. They wouldn't have to pay him crazy money and I'm thinking he could be anywhere from solid to very good in a functioning organization.
Going the draft route would be a gamble unless Elway was confident that whoever they took would be able to come in and play well almost immediately. I'm not sure how many of those guys are in the 2018 draft. Shoot, as of right now we're not even sure Sam Darnold or Josh Rosen will even enter the draft.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Their best case scenario is Lynch stepping up and proving he should be the starter. He's on a cheap rookie deal so they can fortify the roster around him if he's competent. But if that doesn't work out, I don't know. They'll have some cap space going into the offseason (around 13 million according to Spotrac), so signing someone like Cousins would probably require some flexibility they just don't have without shedding a lot of salary. Tyrod Taylor would be an interesting choice. They wouldn't have to pay him crazy money and I'm thinking he could be anywhere from solid to very good in a functioning organization.
Going the draft route would be a gamble unless Elway was confident that whoever they took would be able to come in and play well almost immediately. I'm not sure how many of those guys are in the 2018 draft. Shoot, as of right now we're not even sure Sam Darnold or Josh Rosen will even enter the draft.
I'd go with either Luke Falk or Jarrett Stidham if I had a gun to my head and was forced to choose who would be the most successful QB in an NFL career, right now. But you're right it would be a gamble as noone is a forsure (like almost always)

However Josh Allen is the enigma that I could be worth it if you get the right guys around him. But even then you'll probably be roasted for taking a kid who had the games he did against the only real talent they played all year.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I'd go with either Luke Falk or Jarrett Stidham if I had a gun to my head and was forced to choose who would be the most successful QB in an NFL career, right now. But you're right it would be a gamble as noone is a forsure (like almost always)

However Josh Allen is the enigma that I could be worth it if you get the right guys around him. But even then you'll probably be roasted for taking a kid who had the games he did against the only real talent they played all year.

Yeah, I can see Allen shooting up draft boards based on individual workouts and meetings. You can't hold it against him for failing to carry an absolute trash team. But the catch there is that you can't really expect him to be able to make the leap in competition from the MWC or wherever Wyoming plays to the NFL right away. With a good but aging defense the clock is ticking in Denver. They can't wait on a developmental guy. If they go with the draft route it has to be someone who is pro ready.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Yeah, I can see Allen shooting up draft boards based on individual workouts and meetings. You can't hold it against him for failing to carry an absolute trash team. But the catch there is that you can't really expect him to be able to make the leap in competition from the MWC or wherever Wyoming plays to the NFL right away. With a good but aging defense the clock is ticking in Denver. They can't wait on a developmental guy. If they go with the draft route it has to be someone who is pro ready.
Agree with that. I think they could go out and give Kirk a nice offer to see if he has any interest. But if they go draft it would almost have to be Darnold or Rosen