Random Thoughts XI (Eleven Pipers Piping)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Armageddon is on.
I've never cried so much during a cheesy movie. It's just so entertaining.
tenor.gif

The eternal weekend.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
The oldest daughter just found out that she'll be captain of the tennis team next year. Judging by the text string with 4 exclamation points and tears of joy emoji, I'd say she's pretty excited about it.

She really does deserve it. Separately, the parents of the three underclassmen on the varsity team all told me how good of an influence they think she is on their daughters.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
It is 2PM on Tuesday and I am debating how long to work today and tomorrow or just take vacation to leave early on Wednesday.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Raise your hand if you are looking forward to a nice quiet short week?

We rotate holidays in here. I hafta work 7-noon. It's by far my favorite holiday to work.

Work is slow, I get home, I don't have to help cook, I don't have to listen to my wife ***** about her sister texting her 5 separate times to bring things she "forgot to pick up and could you please stop by the store for me on your way over", I get to help pack up the car, I get to eat dry turkey (my SIL can seriously never cook a turkey right), I help do dishes (cuz I'm not a jerk), and then I get to watch football mostly uninterrupted since none of my wife's family likes sports.

The movie Atomic Blond rocks, literally. I'd watch again just to listen to the awesome music. This needs to watched with a good sound system.

Oh, and I got fooled by the ending.

Article on the music

http://www.businessinsider.com/atomic-blonde-1980-soundtrack-2017-7

The music was good, but the plot seemed unnecessarily complicated at times. Dat Charlize Theron tho

How many dads wear a zebra thong?

200.webp

Another movie with a great soundtrack was Grosse Pointe Blank

One of my favorite movies.

No Bill Walton for the Maui Invitational....:(

That's a travesty. Maui needs Bill like the NBA needs Ivan Chiriaev. Now where am I going to go for my daily dose of non-sequitur?

Reactions: jcyclonee

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
We rotate holidays in here. I hafta work 7-noon. It's by far my favorite holiday to work.

Work is slow, I get home, I don't have to help cook, I don't have to listen to my wife ***** about her sister texting her 5 separate times to bring things she "forgot to pick up and could you please stop by the store for me on your way over", I get to help pack up the car, I get to eat dry turkey (my SIL can seriously never cook a turkey right), I help do dishes (cuz I'm not a jerk), and then I get to watch football mostly uninterrupted since none of my wife's family likes sports.

If I had work to do it wouldn't be so bad but with fewer people here it is kind of slow on things to do.

My dad always smokes the Turkey for thanksgiving and Christmas (always at least a week ahead of time and then just heats it up) so it is always dry which they seem to like and it drives us nuts. They made some kind or roast or steak and I had to take a drink with every bit just to get it down. Anyway I brought that I had thought of smoking one for our Friendsgiving this weekend and asked him what he used on the outside of the turkey to keep it moist. "Nothing" FFS DAD!!?!?

• Funny
Reactions: coolerifyoudid

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
If I had work to do it wouldn't be so bad but with fewer people here it is kind of slow on things to do.

My dad always smokes the Turkey for thanksgiving and Christmas (always at least a week ahead of time and then just heats it up) so it is always dry which they seem to like and it drives us nuts. They made some kind or roast or steak and I had to take a drink with every bit just to get it down. Anyway I brought that I had thought of smoking one for our Friendsgiving this weekend and asked him what he used on the outside of the turkey to keep it moist. "Nothing" FFS DAD!!?!?
Tell him you're trying out being a veggie this year, and load up on the green bean casserole and mashed taters.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Trying to decide if I go back to work after practice and work late tonight and tomorrow and be done for the week or take lighter days Tuesday and Wednesday.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Also if you want to keep up with what @carvers4math son has been up to. This is my favorite destructive test bu it is kind of disappointing they didn't show the failure point.

http://txtav.com/en/journey/videos/...aspx?sc_camp=0A581A9BA9F049929E5C157E9D926355

Reminded me of the old British movie No Highway in The Sky starring Jimmy Stewart as a geek engineer trying to prove his theory on why the fictitious airliner in the movies is crashing. Big air hanger test scene in it.

2017-11-12.png

Reactions: wxman1

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
This DR test is moronic. They don't copy the whole system and then can't figure out why they can't bring up the whole system.

• Dislike
Reactions: jcyclonee

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Reminded me of the old British movie No Highway in The Sky starring Jimmy Stewart as a geek engineer trying to prove his theory on why the fictitious airliner in the movies is crashing. Big air hanger test scene in it.

2017-11-12.png
Thought for a minute you were talking about "Fate Is The Hunter"... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.