For those who’ve been to Manhatten..

gocy444

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2008
Ames, IA
is it worth spending more money for tickets in the lower bowl or are the upper deck seats pretty similar? I know it’s not a terribly big stadium, so just looking for some opinions.

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
I've been once, sat in the SE corner, sec 19 I believe. I'd say BSFS is similar to JTS, we had a good view of the debacle ('15, although I was bent over gathering our stuff to go celebrate when the wheels came off...) I think we gave $40/seat after fees on StubHub, didn't think that was bad price-wise.

Not as cheap as KU Memorial - I gave $50/seat for 50 yd line, 12 rows up last year, right behind the team.

• Informative
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

Colorado

Aug 29, 2008
Colorado
We froze our asses off in section 430 in '15. For that reason, I always suggest seats in the lower sections.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Here is a novel idea/suggestion: Do like the Nebraska fans used to do...take a couple thousand dollars of one hundred dollar bills and just start counting them out until you get seats on the fifty yard line.....Just an aside from my trips to Manhattan...One year I was in the east gravel parking adjacent to the stadium and a Cyclone fan wearing red and gold overalls, was hopping mad because the parking attendant wanted to know what he was doing here in manhattan....the unfortunate soul was an alum who had Nebraska plates and lived in Omaha.....

He was relating to me his displeasure and I told him, I'm really not much better, because I grew up in the Eastern Suburbs of Omaha, Nebraska......But I did have Iowa plates on my car......and of course the Cyclones won that day.......

Go Cyclones beat the stuffings out of K-State

Reactions: Spanky

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
The wife grabbed front row tickets near the 40 (section 6) last week for $50...I think from stubhub, definitely online..not the ticket office. She didn't think about where Cyclone fans would be so we'll be surrounded by Wildcats but I'm not going to knock her surprising me with tickets.

• Agree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

Clonefever

Nov 5, 2009
We grabbed section 19 today for $20 per seat. Looking forward to it. Anyone have any idea what side of the stadium the team buses arrive on, and do they arrive 2.5 hours before game time like at home? What section does ISU get for parent tickets?

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
We grabbed section 19 today for $20 per seat. Looking forward to it. Anyone have any idea what side of the stadium the team buses arrive on, and do they arrive 2.5 hours before game time like at home? What section does ISU get for parent tickets?

Overly_attached_GF.jpg

iowa_wildcat

Jan 25, 2008
Ames
The visitors seating is always in the southeast corner of the stadium. There are no truly bad seats in the stadium unless the wind is howling and it is cold. Most KSU fans will treat you well as long as you act like a mature, somewhat sober adult. Like all crowds, you will also find a few idiots that have no class.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids

I feel like I could be an accomplice for telling you this but the locker rooms are at the north end so that is where the buses go. NE corner if I remember right is visitors. Visitor section is that SE end zone corner section 19 or something like that. Barring any traffic issues (kind of has to be disclaimer now right?) they arrive 2.5 hours ahead of game time.

We were there in 2013 and despite the game had a good time. Nice stadium, great people that kept coming up to us before the game to thank us for coming and wished us luck. Tailgating was pretty good in some grass lots just north of the stadium.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Where are Cyclone fans tailgating? We've always tailgated in the lots to the NE of the stadium off of Kimball and Denison Avenues.