Big 12 Elimination Competition. Week 10

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
HoopItUp is the 2017 Champion! Fitting that an ISU victory seals it! Everyone is left with Kansas, so no team pick is required this week for those remaining. Feel free to make a high score game and low score team pick if you want.

The road win tiebreakers are as follows. Hoopitup: 7, Michaelrr1: 6.5, Dunar: 6, and Kharedbored: 5.

TailG8er failed to pick and dropped out, but needed a Baylor(or ku) win to take the title.
Tailg8er racked up 7 road wins in a row. Likely a record for consecutive weeks and for a season. Great Job.

The picks.
spread 1 by Brad B, on Flickr

The games.
schedule by Brad B, on Flickr

Thanks to everyone for playing. Been a fun season.

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
KU to win (but not really)
OU/WVU for high score
Baylor for low score (hope I’m wrong on this on and they wake up and beat TCU, only way ISU makes the title game now)

(pick every week, that’s the rules! :jimlad: )

Reactions: Omaha Cy

michaelrr1

Mar 30, 2006
WDM
Visit site
So I'm not disqualified for not making a pick -
Kansas to win
West Virginia vs Oklahoma for high
Baylor for low.

kansas13n-4-web.jpg

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Dang it, my bad. Gets harder to remember when there aren't a bunch of people bumping it as much. Oh well, thanks for hosting, it was fun!

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
How close was I, if we went to the 2nd or 3rd tie breakers? I mistakenly spent more effort on those...

You lead in the high score games(+1) and are tied with Hoopitup in low score team picks(+2).
What did you in was the half point for the neutral site OU win.

Which reminds me that Bob Stoops really got to pad his home record by always playing Texas in Dallas.

Reactions: dunar

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
Pick: KU (cause, ya know . . . have to)
High Score: WVU vs. Oklahoma
Low Score: Kansas (which technically doesn't make sense, but it kinda does).

Thanks Omaha.

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
Omaha, If I'd gone OU then KSU the past two weeks would I still be in first? I figured there was no way KSU would beat OSU so played the odds of them taking out WVU. Obviously that was the wrong choice. Hindsight is 20/20 and all.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
Omaha, If I'd gone OU then KSU the past two weeks would I still be in first? I figured there was no way KSU would beat OSU so played the odds of them taking out WVU. Obviously that was the wrong choice. Hindsight is 20/20 and all.

I'll have to look at last week's spreadsheet to see the road win tiebreaker situation.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com

Ok, looks like you would have had 8 road wins with KSU winning at OSU, and would have put you in 1st place by 1 road win.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
You've already declared HoopItUp the winner, but if KU beats OSU this weekend, wouldn't we have a whole 'nother week of tiebreakers that could hypothetically change that? (3/4 jimlad)

Is the logic that the tiebreakers to date have to be used, and they don't get used in a week we all get the pick wrong?

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
You've already declared HoopItUp the winner, but if KU beats OSU this weekend, wouldn't we have a whole 'nother week of tiebreakers that could hypothetically change that? (3/4 jimlad)

Is the logic that the tiebreakers to date have to be used, and they don't get used in a week we all get the pick wrong?

HoopItUp leads in the 1st tiebreaker: Road wins. Regardless of KU winning/losing nothing changes in that regard, since KU is the only team left for everyone.
The high score and low score team were 2nd and 3rd tiebreakers.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
HoopItUp leads in the 1st tiebreaker: Road wins. Regardless of KU winning/losing nothing changes in that regard, since KU is the only team left for everyone.
The high score and low score team were 2nd and 3rd tiebreakers.

That's the part I was missing. Thanks again for running this, it's fun to do each season!