Terrence Lewis playing time

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Roles are being defined. Long is a better shooter and defender. If he wants playing time he needs to step his game up.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclad

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
He will be good eventually, but he’s a year away right now.

Fortunately our rotation doesn’t seem to need him that badly.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I think he's still learning the roles in the offense and defense (as are some others). It's funny how poor an offense or defense looks when one or two guys aren't completely sure what to do at any given moment. With the composition of our team, I'm guessing we'll play 8-9 a night, but that last guy might be different each night, and the minutes might change up based on the situation. It would be nice if we can keep Nick from having to go 40.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
NWB deciding to be a warrior and play 38-40 minutes per night at a high level is probably the largest “problem” for Mr. Lewis.

He will learn and catch up.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I really liked what I saw of Lewis in limited action. Very smooth player. Just probably needs to figure out where he fits currently. Super high hopes and expectations for him still.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I really liked what I saw of Lewis in limited action. Very smooth player. Just probably needs to figure out where he fits currently. Super high hopes and expectations for him still.

Smooth and long. Seems to have good quickness for his size too. He'll be multidimensional once he gets it all figured out.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Smooth and long. Seems to have good quickness for his size too. He'll be multidimensional once he gets it all figured out.
Those long guards like Clyburn can be deceptive.

He’ll be a good 3rd guard/wing. I’d say he’ll make a Naz jump, but Naz had to change his game (pg to sg). It may be more apt to say a Thomas jump. Lewis just needs to play through his mistakes and uncertainty. On some teams in the past he’d have that opportunity as a wallflower, but that role isn’t available this year. I’m hoping the staff gives him some investment minutes. Same with Talley.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Was J. Long a DNP last night?

Hard to imagine after the last game.

Everybody that works at it gets a shot in the season-long journey.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Right now, he needs to watch and learn. If he goes hard in practice and gets more comfortable with what CSP wants, he will likely get his chance. I think this is a much better situation for him then just throwing him to the wolves like the first two games.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Was J. Long a DNP last night?

Hard to imagine after the last game.

Everybody that works at it gets a shot in the season-long journey.
He played. Even shot once, I believe, but definitely played.

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
He needs a little more confidence in his shot and some improvement in his defense to earn a few more minutes.