Walking Dead

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I thought we made some progress after last week's episode but it regressed again. All of these episodes are almost exactly the same - lots of random gunfire (but somehow glass doesn't break or no bullet holes show up), lots of fake grandiose speeches, lots of running around with no real impact to the story line. If they spend an entire season on this "war", they will lose A LOT of TWD fans.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
I guess I am in the minority, but I actually liked last night's episode. Yes, it had some cheesy infinite bullet shooting at Carol, and last second saves by Carol, Shiva and Daryl/Rick that stretch possibility...But the Ezekiel's descent from King to just a guy was compelling. I thought it was a better mix of action and character development that we have seen in a while.

Just wish the Savior that captured Ezekiel would have been more of a bad ass. Hard to believe that dork wasn't going to fail.

SayMyName

Jan 28, 2017
ABQ
Just wish the Savior that captured Ezekiel would have been more of a bad ass. Hard to believe that dork wasn't going to fail.
Did anyone else catch the "irony" when the Savior dork was lecturing to the King about symmetry, right before Jerry split him in two from head to toe with his axe??

• Funny
Reactions: GTO

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Did anyone else catch the "irony" when the Savior dork was lecturing to the King about symmetry, right before Jerry split him in two from head to toe with his axe??
I was more fascinated by how much force would be required, and how sharp that ax would have to be, in order to cleanly cleave a body in half from scalp to navel in one stroke. That's a LOT of bone & sinew to go through...

bstegs

SuperFanatic
Apr 11, 2006
Champaign, IL
I was really frustrated at the fact that Carol could have just shot out their tires right away.

Also, why didn't any of the Saviors try to shoot underneath the car she was hiding behind. Surely with a 5-1 numbers advantage, one person could shoot for her ankles.

Reactions: Freebird

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I was really frustrated at the fact that Carol could have just shot out their tires right away.

Also, why didn't any of the Saviors try to shoot underneath the car she was hiding behind. Surely with a 5-1 numbers advantage, one person could shoot for her ankles.
If those are military grade vehicles, aren't the tires designed to NOT be damaged by bullets?

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
This show has become as stale as BF’s offense. The current story arc has to advance tonight doesn’t it?

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Now that episode was more like TWD. I enjoyed that one - back to what made the series great. Some back story, character interaction, and wondering which direction a character might go.

Not shoot ‘em up, contrived “action” for an hour.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Good episode tonight. If it weren't for Negan, though, this show would be almost completely unwatchable. Will be a sad day when he dies

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
So...... They are bringing back the garbage pail kids:(

As disappointing as that was, the sight of a helicopter is extremely intriguing. Hoping they don't jack that up and it represents a good new storyline, post-Negan.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Not a whole lot happened tonight.

We did get an announcement on Talking Dead that Morgan is apparently crossing over to Fear the Walking Dead.

I can't get how that is going to work. FTWD is, right now, where the season 1 finale is. We already know from that point on that Morgan is out east, with no reasonable time in between for Morgan to go out west to the FTWD crew.

Unless he leaves the TWD crew in the future and FTWD has a big time jump, which would suck for FTWD.

kmcbrid

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
www.municipalgame.com
Not a whole lot happened tonight.

We did get an announcement on Talking Dead that Morgan is apparently crossing over to Fear the Walking Dead.

I can't get how that is going to work. FTWD is, right now, where the season 1 finale is. We already know from that point on that Morgan is out east, with no reasonable time in between for Morgan to go out west to the FTWD crew.

Unless he leaves the TWD crew in the future and FTWD has a big time jump, which would suck for FTWD.

Same here, not sure how they squeeze in Morgan in Texas with FTWD in between leaving Rick in Season 1 and then showing up in Season 3 for the "Clear" episode where he his held up in that small town killing all the zombies. Also, have to get the back story in there with Morgan learning not to kill from the Cheese Maker, but that would be after the "Clear" episode.

They need to cut each season from 16 episodes to maybe around 10-12. Last night was completely useless.

Agree. I still watch the show weekly and do enjoy it for the most part. Also, I get tired of people bashing on the show just to bash on it, but with episodes like this, who can blame them. Do we need a 16 episode arc on this "All Out War" (Which is really looking like it will be)? No. 16 episodes ensures ones like the latest, were nothing really happens and just moves people into other places. It also keeps the dumb decisions going (Jesus and those captives, Rick and the garbage people) to keep the story from advancing quickly. The show does need to take a hard look at this and maybe start telling more concise stories, or the ratings will surely continue their decline.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Sounds like the wife and I made the right decision to jump off this sinking ship last season. They could probably get us back by announcing a final season but until then it doesn't sound like I'm missing out on anything.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron