*** Official Boise St. Vs IOWA STATE Gameday Thread ***

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
So over the past few games I have noticed something and was wondering if I am just imagining it or it is a real thing...can Beverly barely jump? Has anyone else noticed he gets like 3 inches off the ground on layups or rebounds? Maybe I've just noticed the bad jumps I don't know.

• Agree
Reactions: SolarGarlic

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
I don't buy the dig on CSP coaching.

I have not seen 1 ISU coach improve a team in 1 week as much as he has. If we are going to dig him for losing a 24 pt lead we have to remember he put a team on the floor that could get a 24 point lead.

I don't think it bothered him too much that the team was in a place where it had to figure out how to close the game.

I honestly think that there is at the very least a vocal minority of Cyclone fans who will never give CSP a fair chance, mainly because he isn't CFH, and God forbid that anyone who isn't CFH be our basketball coach (even though he left of his own free will). It's disappointing, but also human/fan nature, I suppose.

As to the game, I didn't like the tense moments towards the end, but I do think going through that bit of adversity is good for the team in the long run. Offensively, we just got cold there for a few minutes, and it seemed like there was some "hero ball" plays that resulted in some quick, forced shots.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Stolen from right here on CF:

USATSI_10427047_168381333_lowres-1200x800.jpg

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I honestly think that there is at the very least a vocal minority of Cyclone fans who will never give CSP a fair chance, mainly because he isn't CFH, and God forbid that anyone who isn't CFH be our basketball coach (even though he left of his own free will). It's disappointing, but also human/fan nature, I suppose.

As to the game, I didn't like the tense moments towards the end, but I do think going through that bit of adversity is good for the team in the long run. Offensively, we just got cold there for a few minutes, and it seemed like there was some "hero ball" plays that resulted in some quick, forced shots.

I think BSU was also jumping screens and making ball movement trickier. Situational stuff is hard for a young and inexperienced team.

Funny thing is last year NWB was *this* close to being a solid finisher at the basket, and now it's all he does. When ISU needed a bucket tonight he was one who went in and got one. 11 assists tonight was also very Monte-esque. I hardly noticed it was happening.

• Agree
Reactions: coolerifyoudid

othercy

Mar 31, 2012
Northern CA
Same as it always was ... always nerve racking but always know that it is coming ... even with our best teams in last few years vs good, bad, or mdiocre teams ... doesn't matter. Reasons include: 1) it's a game of runs; 2) our top line players fatigue, and our depth isn't there to sustain the effort. Combination of factors ... doesn't neccessarily mean bad coaching.

a
Donovan Jackson was incredible at the end.
Not great coaching by CSP in my opinion. To lose 20 points of a 24 point lead - not good. We were out of control and had some bad lineups in game. Poor shot selection and all one on one during that stretch. Why throw it in to Young when you know it will be the 7th foul?
But, Jackson was good when it counted.
Happy for the team. We are way better than we were a week ago.
BTW - Texas Tech looked outstanding. At one point had a 40 point lead on #20 Northwestern.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016

Which is freakin' nuts considering in addition to a couple of good seasons, Prohm is one of the most likeable guys in the business.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Through 5 games, these are the averages for NWB
15.6 PPG
6.2 APG
7.6 RPG

This also includes the first 2 games before he took over as the primary PG. His stats in the past 3 games where he's been the primary PG
17.6 PPG
8.6 APG
9.3 RPG

Not too shabby

Incredible that we not only found our PG, but he's the best player on the team. I deserve some crow after the first couple of games. I think I said something along the lines of "Babb isn't going to be the guy we want him to be." He's a stud.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron