Hawkeye Whine

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
ISU played a really bad game defensively against Iowa. Worst of the season in fact. Add to that that Iowa had no turnovers and their WRs actually caught the ball you can see why ISU lost. Really looks like a big missed opportunity at this point.

I can only imagine what our defense would do to that offense if it was played now.

• Agree
Reactions: awd4cy

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I hate losing to Iowa as much as anybody, if not more. But out of our losses, that’s the last one I’d care to change. They’ve really become a meaningless program.
Exactly. The loss is embarrassing, but I’d rather have the UT and WVU games back, or competent refs against OkSt. Give Iowa the win so they are thrilled with their season and add more years to KF’s deal

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
ISU played a really bad game defensively against Iowa. Worst of the season in fact. Add to that that Iowa had no turnovers and their WRs actually caught the ball you can see why ISU lost. Really looks like a big missed opportunity at this point.

I feel like WVU and Texas were the bigger lost opportunities. Change either result, and we've got a great chance to play for the Big 12 championship. Iowa's just another non-conference game.

zmanzbo

Apr 11, 2006
Among the usual responses from the WHO post game with Jon and Travis, one caller said it was the plan to lose so that Iowa could move down in the bowl order. They would then get an easier opponent and possibly win, or not get blown out. Doesn't Ferentz get a bonus for a bowl win? or maybe a contract extension?

Why did you listen to that? For real why? You really have nothing better to do?

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
There is absolutely nothing better than a Cyclone win and a Hawkeye loss. It makes those obnoxious douchebags question everything pappy ever told them in the trailer.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I feel like WVU and Texas were the bigger lost opportunities. Change either result, and we've got a great chance to play for the Big 12 championship. Iowa's just another non-conference game.

I totally agree that I would rather have those conference wins, but if we are looking back at the season for games that the Clones absolutely blew, the Iowa game was it. It was basically a bad loss. WV, TX and OSU are all good teams that ISU could not quite make a play or two the win. The Iowa game ISU screwed up multiple times to lose.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Rural and cyfanatic

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Yeah, KF is sitting pretty for now. Iowa won their Super Bowl against us, and pulled off one other big win (Ohio State).... that's all he needs to stick around and get extensions and more money.

You can claim Superbowl if, and only if, the winning team isn't in fact the better team. That just isn't the case this year.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
How big will KF’s raise be given he won their Super Bowl in September?

I’m guessing they try to use it to get Bryan HC in waiting title.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
You can claim Superbowl if, and only if, the winning team isn't in fact the better team. That just isn't the case this year.

wwhet.gif

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I'm the first one to criticize Ohio State as a fraud with major consistency issues...but there is something incredibly odd going on when you blow out Ohio State at home then lose convincingly to Purdue at home with basically the same personnel.

Look at our year. We had two gigantic wins similar to that OhioSt win, 4 very close losses to solid teams, then take care of business against the bottom feeder teams. Iowa's year is like if we'd have beat Oklahoma or TCU even more convincingly, but lost to Akron or KU. I can't even throw Baylor or Tech in there because the team speed makes them inherently more dangerous than Purdue. Akron is probably the most comparable team to Purdue on our schedule.

There are some good and bad things going on with the staff in Iowa City which I'm sure is infuriating to their fans. It's nothing like a total collapse (we've seen that as ISU fans), it's just really baffling.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
I'm the first one to criticize Ohio State as a fraud with major consistency issues...but there is something incredibly odd going on when you blow out Ohio State at home then lose convincingly to Purdue at home with basically the same personnel.

Look at our year. We had two gigantic wins similar to that OhioSt win, 4 very close losses to solid teams, then take care of business against the bottom feeder teams. Iowa's year is like if we'd have beat Oklahoma or TCU even more convincingly, but lost to Akron or KU. I can't even throw Baylor or Tech in there because the team speed makes them inherently more dangerous than Purdue. Akron is probably the most comparable team to Purdue on our schedule.

There are some good and bad things going on with the staff in Iowa City which I'm sure is infuriating to their fans. It's nothing like a total collapse (we've seen that as ISU fans), it's just really baffling.
This is well said. The team isn't bad, but the coaching is. I've been off the KF bandwagon for years. 2015 was great, but could have ended differently with a better coach.

Hiring Brian was about the only thing worse than keeping Greg Davis on. The play calling has been nothing short of horrible. Obviously to cream all over tOSU shows that the talent is there, but the Purdue loss shows the weakness on coaching.

DrClone

Jun 13, 2009
This is well said. The team isn't bad, but the coaching is. I've been off the KF bandwagon for years. 2015 was great, but could have ended differently with a better coach.

Hiring Brian was about the only thing worse than keeping Greg Davis on. The play calling has been nothing short of horrible. Obviously to cream all over tOSU shows that the talent is there, but the Purdue loss shows the weakness on coaching.

Wouldn't the huge win over OSU show how great the coaching is?

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO

So while you are here-

How is Hok Nation feeling about the looming B1G West showdown with the Legendary Huskers?

I mean, NU looks absolutely pathetic. Could be a devastating loss for Iowa, any chance that happens?