David Montgomery has rushed for over 1000 yards

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
During the game John Walters said with the injury he came up a yard short of a record. But with the concern of the injury the stat got cut short. What record did he miss???

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
During the game John Walters said with the injury he came up a yard short of a record. But with the concern of the injury the stat got cut short. What record did he miss???

He was 25 short of his own best single game so it wasn't that.

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
I don't get him running with ~50 sec left in the first half. If you have no plans to move the ball down the field, take a knee. With him standing up for what seemed like an eternity, and everyone tearing the ball from him, was a very risky play with no upside. Looked like the KSU play of CPR vintage.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Early in the game he absolutely trucked the Baylor safety and carried on like it was nothing special.

(Well, for him--it isn't!)

cycophagus

Aug 16, 2012
MN
This was before the game yesterday. I don't know how many misses he made total but he caused six on one run I watched.

This stat is an eye popper, for sure. K-State is difficult to run against, right behind Texas and TCU in the Big 12 in rush defense.

This is not an NCAA stat, is it? I really like it, but I assume it is not. It is at least not included in the Big 12 statistics. I assume these PFF stats are from this site:
https://www.profootballfocus.com

If I had $200 per year to burn, I might get on there are see what else they have. For instance, is there a team defensive stat such as "Forced Missed Tackles Committed"? If so, you could look up K-State to see how vulnerable they are to that. Guessing not very, so, assuming David is healthy, it will be exciting to see if he can break this record on Senior Day at the Little Apple.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I don't get him running with ~50 sec left in the first half. If you have no plans to move the ball down the field, take a knee. With him standing up for what seemed like an eternity, and everyone tearing the ball from him, was a very risky play with no upside. Looked like the KSU play of CPR vintage.

The plan is to do something if he happens to break out of a pile and go for 20+ yards, then they will throw the ball. Almost every team does this. If they get a big gain it sets up so they can take a couple shots down field. If they get stuffed, let the clock run out and go to the locker room.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron