Bowl Game Projections

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I've seen a few people booking tickets already, but they have either said that they are able to get a refund or exchange, or, some people have said it was a good enough deal that they will just take a vacation anyhow to that locale even if we don't have a bowl game there.

It's their money, I guess they can use it however they want!
This. We are booked airfare to Orlando because it was very cheap for Christmas time and we can spend time in Florida regardless if ISU plays there or not. I've been checking the prices and for Cedar Rapids to Orlando, the prices have been fluctuating from $180 RT to $340 RT and now it is back to $170 round trip now just in case anyone is interested.

cuphues

Aug 5, 2011
Dallas
Iowa State will have 25,000 ticket requests

Yep. I have no doubt that ISUwill have 25k fans . The stadium holds around 80k. Cyclone fans will still be in the minority if we happen to play either LSU or Texas A&M in the Texas bowl. I am not debating how well our fan base travels. I am debating the idea that the Aggies will have less turn out than the great turn out of ISU fans if this match up occurs. A&M is the local/Home team if this matchup occurs. There are more A&M fans in Houston than any other college team, by far. I would be shocked if A&M fans bring less than 40k fans to this matchup if it occurs. I am not saying they will fill the actual university allotment of tickets. I am saying many tickets will be purchased via ticket brokers outside of the official allotment that will dwarf ISU fans attendance if this game takes place.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa

CBS latest projection:

Texas Bowl Dec. 27 Houston, Tex. Big 12 vs. SEC Iowa State vs. Utah+
+ - Replacement team

https://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/bowls/predictions

No TCU in the NY6 in either of these predictions. And no way does the Texas bowl pass on Texas. Liberty Bowl is looking more and more likely as of now

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Yep. I have no doubt that ISUwill have 25k fans . The stadium holds around 80k. Cyclone fans will still be in the minority if we happen to play either LSU or Texas A&M in the Texas bowl. I am not debating how well our fan base travels. I am debating the idea that the Aggies will have less turn out than the great turn out of ISU fans if this match up occurs. A&M is the local/Home team if this matchup occurs. There are more A&M fans in Houston than any other college team, by far. I would be shocked if A&M fans bring less than 40k fans to this matchup if it occurs. I am not saying they will fill the actual university allotment of tickets. I am saying many tickets will be purchased via ticket brokers outside of the official allotment that will dwarf ISU fans attendance if this game takes place.

We're 4-1 on the road so we got em right where we want em.

Reactions: skibumspe

KennyPratt42

The Legend
Jan 13, 2017
As others have said, the biggest thing that could impact our bowl assignment is if TCU makes the New Years 6.

The CFP Committee selects those 12 teams (it includes the 4 playoff teams in their semifinal New Years 6 bowl games). The 5 power conferences get auto bids and the top ranked team in the other conferences also gets an auto bid. If ND wins against Stanford they will very likely also be in the top 12 in the rankings (if they lose it increases the odds TCU gets in significantly). Which means there would be 5 spots for Power 5 teams that did not win their conference . So the question becomes if the committee will take three teams from a conference over TCU or three teams from two conferences if TCU is ahead of the second Pac 12 team. Barring several upsets the teams that will likely matter in those scenarios are Auburn/Georgia, Ohio St./Penn St., and USC/Washington/WSU.

(This is all assuming TCU beats Baylor and loses to Oklahoma in the Big 12 title game. If both win next week and TCU beats Oklahoma, the Big 12 is about guaranteed to get two in the New Years 6 bowls.)

L

LincolnWay187

A&M or LSU in Houston would fit that bill as well
I am conflicted with a bowl in Houston. Half the people from Houston still like Dallas better than their own home city. At the same time, it would be glorious if we could play and beat TAMU.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
The possibility of playing a B12 traitor is kind of appealing .

Help Support Us

Become a patron