Boise State vs. Iowa State predictions

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
I jumped in here to predict a BSU win but I am not so sure.

This would be a huge early win for ISU and would have them back on schedule. BSU will be a tourney team and is better than Mizzery.

I think we can have some success inside. Solo/Lard/Beverly are the difference.

Why the heck not?

ISU 78
BSU 74

I agree that Boise State is better than Missouri. But, I think both will struggle to stay afloat the Top twenty-five during the season. I realize they're not ranked now, but I'm sure they will be soon.

• Funny
Reactions: NoCreativity

ComCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2016
Wasn't Boise State picked to finish 2nd in their conference?

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Doubt that Clones can win, but this is at least a much better looking team than the one that got hammered on their home court a week ago. There is hope of not being embarrassed in the Big 12 every night.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
BSU is going to be our biggest challenge thus far.

Hopefully the refs don’t target Lard and Young again. I’d like to see those two, plus Brase and Talley own the paint.

We’ll need another good shooting game. Maybe it will be Lewis this time? I’m glad this tournament has a day off in between games so we can get our legs.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Doubt that Clones can win, but this is at least a much better looking team than the one that got hammered on their home court a week ago. There is hope of not being embarrassed in the Big 12 every night.

Let me break this down for a second...

So first, you doubt that the Clones can win. I know it's a different sport, but did you happen to see the football team beat OSU a few years ago, and OU + TCU this year? I wouldn't have an issue if you had said you doubt we will win, but to doubt there's even a chance is absurd.

Beyond that, you HOPE that we aren't EMBARRASSED in Big 12 play, EVERY NIGHT???

Get the F off of Cyclone FANATIC, because you don't fit.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
Let me break this down for a second...

So first, you doubt that the Clones can win. I know it's a different sport, but did you happen to see the football team beat OSU a few years ago, and OU + TCU this year? I wouldn't have an issue if you had said you doubt we will win, but to doubt there's even a chance is absurd.

Beyond that, you HOPE that we aren't EMBARRASSED in Big 12 play, EVERY NIGHT???

Get the F off of Cyclone FANATIC, because you don't fit.

Shut up

• Creative
Reactions: Tailg8er

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Babb is why they are taking us seriously. Surrounded by a large cast of young but talented players. Lard, Babb, Young, and Wigginton are turning heads. Babb's numbers alone are elite. It's only 4 games but he is playing at an incredible click right now.

Reactions: woodm07

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
All I know is it will be interesting to see if this team continues a steady rate of improvement or if they take a step back. They lost to an experienced Milwaukee team and appears BSU is experienced as well - have we grown enough as a team and with the addition of Brase and Lard to overcome BSU's experience?

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I think it's going to be a real battle tonight. BSU has a lot of size looking forward to watching it. No matter how it turns out it's been a great trip and a Cyclone win tonight will be icing on the cake. GO CLONES!!!

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Hopefully on the day off we've focused on our defensive game plan. Play decent D and we will win this game. Allow Boise to match our offense, and they will pull away and win by 5+

Reactions: LLCoolCY

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
That’s a surprise. Not taking anything away from our guys, but Boise is a very good team.

Agree, Boise seems solid. Don't like making predictions, know we can win, but I think the difference might be Boise State's length and experience. While we've seen good improvement offensively, I think the iso's and Babb creating open looks for 3 pt shooters will be much more challenged than by our first two opponents. Offense in need of more options/sets/post feeds/etc. is still developing. If we can play great defense, I'll sign up for that 1 point win. GO CLONES!

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
All I know is it will be interesting to see if this team continues a steady rate of improvement or if they take a step back. They lost to an experienced Milwaukee team and appears BSU is experienced as well - have we grown enough as a team and with the addition of Brase and Lard to overcome BSU's experience?

It is hard to draw a direct comparison from Game 1&2 from 3&4 apply it to tonight's game IMO.

Moving NWB to the PG and adding Lard and Brase have changed the roster/roles, offensive flow and overall play of each player dramatically the past two games.

Totally different teams in tempo and ability to rebound from UW-M, and I do think only have 8 players early limited what CSP could call and the aggressiveness of the players due to foul trouble.

I am going with my heart and predict ISU plays like Thurs and Friday and pulls out a close win.
Should be a fun game no matter the result.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I think it's going to be a real battle tonight. BSU has a lot of size looking forward to watching it. No matter how it turns out it's been a great trip and a Cyclone win tonight will be icing on the cake. GO CLONES!!!
I fully anticipate a physical game from BSU in which Lard and Young foul out while the refs selectively apply their early season initiatives. Don’t breath too hard, fellas