Baker Mayfield

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
It’s college football and this is harmless entertainment. I hope he wins the Heisman.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Technically, I don't think so. Realistically? There's so much subjectivity in all of these CFB awards that someone can (and might) dock him in their voting thought process because of his behavior. From heisman.com:

and, as our own Jeff Woody said tonight on Twitter:

Winston has the IQ of a garden snail. How he was even eligible to play is a mystery.

• Agree
Reactions: DurangoCy

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Love it. Really hope Oklahoma and Miami play each other in the playoff. Would love to see Baker and the Miami D talking back and forth.

• Agree
Reactions: Omaha Cy

Spanky

Oct 14, 2009
For some reason in today's society, folks will give you a pass on being a douche if you excel at your kraft. They say it makes you edgy and a competitor.
Personally, it comes off as juvenile to me and shows a lack of self control.
My Northwestern psychologist neighbor believes his hair trigger and swagger(aka douchyness) is covering some deep pysch issues and he's actually quite mentally fragile.
It takes more than a strong arm to win at the next level, I anticipate an implosion.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
This is a deal where my kid does this at a sporting event, he resides in the dog house forever. When 1-9 bag of **** Kansas attempts to show moxie by throwing out the opening salvo vs Oklahoma at the coin toss,(and Baker's reactions) the whole situation is laughable to me.

This is the opponent that KU wants to display some swagger with? I'm not surprised Baker responded this way. Had OSU or TCU snubbed him, then I'd expect nothing less out of him. KU however isn't even worthy of taunting.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale

CW was referencing this hit.

This is my point. Out of context it is bad but in context it made a lot of sense.

I also don’t know if people ignore this part but he knows he is a cocky tool sometimes. He admitted he deserved the flag plant by Edwards. I also sill have sympathy for what he had to deal with at Tech.

• Agree
Reactions: FerShizzle

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
My wife response when seeing crotch grab "man he has a small ****, no like that's not very big"

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
For the record, Mayfield is not even close statistically to Maziel.

Johnny Football was so much better.

Huh? He doesn't have the rushing numbers that Manziel put up but his passing numbers are better and a quarterbacks running ability never really translates to the NFL anyway

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
This is my point. Out of context it is bad but in context it made a lot of sense.

Although his actions maybe could be understandable, there is no situation in which grabbing your crotch and screaming obscenities at the opponent can make "a lot of sense." It's still incredibly immature and unsportsmanlike. I wonder what sports would look like if everyone who got talked trash to or hit late on the field reacted like Mayfield did yesterday.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
Although his actions maybe could be understandable, there is no situation in which grabbing your crotch and screaming obscenities at the opponent can make "a lot of sense." It's still incredibly immature and unsportsmanlike. I wonder what sports would look like if everyone who got talked trash to or hit late on the field reacted like Mayfield did yesterday.
Head hunting and overall poor sportsmanship by Kansas was the direct cause. Should he have done it no but those were dangerous plays and Kansas should be ashamed. I can’t blame someone for that when it was dangerous situations.