*** Official Boise St. Vs IOWA STATE Gameday Thread ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Boise.png
vs
site.png

IOWA STATE (2-2, 0-0 BIG 12)
VS. BOISE STATE (4-0, 0-0 MOUNTAIN WEST)
SUNDAY, NOV. 19 | 6:30 P.M. CST
CONWAY, S.C. | HTC CENTER (3,212)

Radio: Cyclone Radio Network
Talent: Brent Blum (pxp); Chris Williams (analyst)
TV: ESPN2
Talent: Rich Hollenberg (pxp); LaPhonso Ellis (analyst)

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Lets do this. This would be a very nice win for this young team

Chitowncy

SuperFanatic
Jan 14, 2009
Ames
Yeah, I'm not sure about ESPN's prediction, but a win for the Clones would be awesome! What a pleasant surprise a 3 and 0 record in this tournament would be given all the doom and gloom after losing to Milwaukee at home by nearly 20. Let's Go State!

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I'm not sure we are top half of Big 12 good, but I think we are a bubble team. The last two games have really been a coming out party for Babb. He's easily all American quality if he maintains current play level.

edit: Look at Nick's numbers right now.

38.5 min
17 ppg
7.8 reb
5 ast
2.5 tpg
2 to 1 asst/TO
shooting
62% from the field
70% free throw
53% from 3

JFC

Last edited:

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I'm not sure we are top half of Big 12 good, but I think we are a bubble team. The last two games have really been a coming out party for Babb. He's easily all American quality if he maintains current play level.

38.5 min
17 ppg
7.8 reb
5 ast
2.5 tpg
2 to 1 asst/TO
shooting
62% from the field
70% free throw
53% from 3

JFC

Probably the most impressive thing is how it's come within the flow of the game. He really hasn't forced a lot of things to do that. Just takes it when it's there. We certainly can't expect those averages to hold up long term, but he's really shown the ability that Coach Prohm saw in him.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
The offense has already come a long way. Just need the defense to start clicking and we'll be set.

Our main woes seem to stem from pressuring the ball out high and bad double teams down low getting our defense out of position. We have more inside size than we've had in years (still not as much as some teams, but for us), so I'm not completely sure why we're intent on doing that. Though in thinking about it, we have had all kinds of foul trouble with those guys, so maybe that's it.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
The offense has already come a long way. Just need the defense to start clicking and we'll be set.

By starting NWB at PG it gave him confidence and defined the roles of Wigginton and D-Jax. All three look 10X more comfortable from game 1 to game 4 and not thinking as much as reacting/attacking.

The talent and effort has been there early, but rotations and help defense/ball awareness is still a work in progress. I assume Prohm used the practice time leading up to the game tonight to tighten it up. It will steady improve as they get comfortable with their Def responsibilities but it will take a while. Getting two big bodies in Lard and Brase has already helped a lot.

The team has made strides from Mizzou, hopefully the Championship game tonight is another step forward.

• Agree
Reactions: SolarGarlic

allfourcy

Apr 26, 2012

38.5 min
17 ppg
7.8 reb
5 ast
2.5 tpg
2 to 1 asst/TO
shooting
62% from the field
70% free throw
53% from 3

JFC

Obviously proud and impressed with NWB's performance so far. As for the team, we haven't played a big12 caliber team yet, so it will be interesting to see if we can continue to control the ball, tempo, and score against tenacious defenses. Love the number of rebounds Nick is getting when doing all the other things he's asked to do, too.

Bubba Hubba

Dec 19, 2007

We might not be "set" but I agree with the overall point: we need the D to make marked improvement, to be "nasty" as CSP says. And with as athletic and long as these guys are, I think we can do it.