Another special moment at Kinnick

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
I would honestly be shocked if Iowa loses that game.

This is how you build rivalries, Nebraska will not just lie down in the epic battle for 4th place in the worst division in the power conferences.

But seriously Nebraska is real bad, it's a real shame they aren't in the big 12 anymore.

L

LincolnWay187

I wish this were some kind of pit fight between Iowa and Nebraska next week...and that I could toss a knife between them lol.

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
This Sally caller is a trip. Cracking on Cyclone fan for calling in to say Go Cyclones but then as a Hawk fan drops this bomb on her own team, "Vandenberg couldn't catch a cold" :)

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
I only caught a little bit of the sound-off (it was on the radio when I went to the store). I heard one caller that kept referring to the "3 years in a row" when Iowa won 10 games (2002-2004) and wanting that again. I get the passion - but holy cow, talk about living in the distant past (that was well over a decade ago). Iowa is NOT like the blue bloods who reload just about every year. Even with their VERY EASY B1G schedule (in the past few years), Ferentz has NOT been a good enough coach for anyone to expect Iowa to sustain that type of 3-year run. In fact in the past 37 years, Iowa has won 10 or more games 8 times (21.5%) - and Hayden (The Hok coaching god) only did it 3 times. Iowa is a very successful FB program to be sure but they are NOT elite. That call was the epitome of Hok arrogance & self-importance.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
Waving doesn't help beat cancer, more money towards research hopefully does. It's just a ploy to make Iowa look "special". Put their money where their hands are!

It is a brilliant PR ploy. In reality they are really "taunting " them because on game day they insist on parking in the spots reserved for the families visiting their sick children.