Bowl Game Projections

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Why are people booking tickets..hope they are refundable bc if we win vs KSU there is a good chance we end up in the Alamo bowl. If OU makes playoffs and say TCU finishes a clear 2nd and takes the Cotton or Sugar whatever NY6..then it goes to Alamo and they can choose any team they want that is bowl eligible...they could take Kstate if they wanted to. If ISU wins vs KSU i think we are going to Alamo..WVU losing and OSU losing helped that a lot. All bowls care about is filling the stands and ISU is a really good story this year with a fan base that would bring 20k+ to the Alamo.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
Why are people booking tickets..hope they are refundable bc if we win vs KSU there is a good chance we end up in the Alamo bowl. If OU makes playoffs and say TCU finishes a clear 2nd and takes the Cotton or Sugar whatever NY6..then it goes to Alamo and they can choose any team they want that is bowl eligible...they could take Kstate if they wanted to. If ISU wins vs KSU i think we are going to Alamo..WVU losing and OSU losing helped that a lot. All bowls care about is filling the stands and ISU is a really good story this year with a fan base that would bring 20k+ to the Alamo.

A 3 loss TCU team is not making the NY6.

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA

Pretty sure no one here is booking anything until the announcement comes down. People here are just speculating at this point.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
Why not? In the 3 years of the NY6 bowls there have been 6 3 loss teams play and 1 4 loss team play in the games. The important thing is where they finish in the final rankings.

Because they’re smallest brand in the top 15 and this committee hates the Big 12. Last week’s rankings show they want PSU, OSU, and ND at all costs

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Because they’re smallest brand in the top 15 and this committee hates the Big 12. Last week’s rankings show they want PSU, OSU, and ND at all costs

Seems you're kind of changing your argument why TCU won't make it.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
Seems you're kind of changing your argument why TCU won't make it.

I guess? Still doesn’t change the fact I think it’s a long shot.

Last week’s ranking projected out
10-3 TCU
11-2 USC (PAC 12 champ)
10-2 PSU
11-2 OSU (Big 10 champ)
10-2 ND
11-2 Georgia
9-3 Auburn
12-1 Wisconsin

12-1 OU (Big 12 champ)
11-1 Miami
12-1 Clemson (ACC champ)
13-0 Bama (SEC champ)

Who gets left out of those teams? Probably TCU or Auburn and this committee isn’t giving the big 12 any favors. TCU dropped 6 spots for losing to OU once already. How far are they gonna drop when they lose to OU for a second time?

Last edited:

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
Does the committee HAVE to select a G5 team for the NY6 or are they not guaranteed a spot?

CentexCyclone

Oct 20, 2015
Really hope Camping World or Alamo Bowl picks us. Nothing against the Liberty Bowl, just want something new.

Alamo Bowl in San Antonio would be great: Great town with great weather and lots of fun things to do, the River Walk, 1000's of outstanding hole-in-the-wall TexMex joints. Would get a reasonably big name opponent from the Pac 12 like Washington or Stanford, though it would be awesome if Washington State could sneak in because Mike Leach.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest

Pretty sure no one here is booking anything until the announcement comes down. People here are just speculating at this point.

I've seen a few people booking tickets already, but they have either said that they are able to get a refund or exchange, or, some people have said it was a good enough deal that they will just take a vacation anyhow to that locale even if we don't have a bowl game there.

It's their money, I guess they can use it however they want!