Bowl Game Projections

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
Half the projections I have seen for the Texas Bowl has a PAC 12 team filling in but the SEC will have plenty of teams eligible

• Useful
Reactions: cykidd

dmdom

Oct 28, 2014
Memphis was ok. But the crappy weather and the loss put a damper on a lot of people's opinion of Memphis.
Agree, we laid a huge turd in that game. Playing Tulsa for the umpteenth time didn't help. My wife and kids were excited to go to "bowl" game. It was 100% opposite of what they pictured it would be. So, I'll be going with friends from now on.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Can't find the link but this week yahoo's projections had us facing Missouri in the Liberty bowl. Hopefully we've played our way out of that bowl, but if that matchup occurred would the telephone trophy be on the line in a bowl game?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Your kidding, right? A&M is basically the city of Houston’s favorite college team. College Station is only an hour north of Houston. I can assure you that more Houston residents cheer for A&M than any other university in South Texas, including both Univ of Houston & Rice (the two most prominent programs within the city limits of Houston). As for LSU, they always travel well, regardless of the team’s current standing. They too will easily have more fans present than ISU, given the proximity of Baton Rouge to Houston. If the Clones are picked for this bowl, it will effectively be a road game in our opponents back yard.
Iowa State will have 25,000 ticket requests

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
OSU losing to KSU hurt today. Unless TCU beats OU in the championship game, I doubt the Big 12 gets a second team in the NY6, which is complete BS.

But West Virginia losing means that we'll probably get picked ahead of them.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
So you think if K-State beats us next week and has the same record as us they will get picked ahead of us in the Bowl Selection process?

• Dislike
  • Disagree
Reactions: Spanky and cyputz

BeneventiCy28

Feb 9, 2015
Granger
They won’t. But I would go...again. I didn’t hate it, but the weather and game made it kind of a downer trip and I’d love to get a Florida bowl. But I’ll go where the team goes

Reactions: Spanky

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
If I had to guess right now, assuming ISU wins next week along with the other favorites

Playoff - OU
Alamo - TCU
Camping World - OSU
Texas Bowl - Texas
Liberty - ISU
Cactus - West Virginia
Heart of Dallas - KSU

Camping World could still take us ahead of OSU and Texas though. They’d just have to think we’d bring more fans than OSU and Texas

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
im holding out for Orlando. They know its been years since weve been to a bowl game and we travel well.