Boise State vs. Iowa State predictions

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
Boise State (4-0) will take on Iowa State (2-2) in the final of the Myrtle Beach Tournament tomorrow at 6:30 pm.

If you remember back in 2013, this is a rematch of the Christmas Day Hawaii Diamond Head Classic tournament final that Iowa State won. Boise State has never won a mid-season tournament.

Boise State has pretty much been in control of every opponent thus far, with the exception of the quarterfinal game in this tournament against UTEP in which they came back within the final 2 minutes.

The two main threats of the Broncos are the two guards, Alex Hobbs and Chandler Hutchinson. They can score in bunches and can really stretch defenses to their limits.

I really like our momentum going into the final game. I think we still need to play lock-down defense in order to win, along with a strong offensive presence of Cameron Lard down low.

Boise State will be hungry for their first mid-season tournament championship. Therefore, I think that hunger may end up prevailing.

Boise State 86
Iowa State 80

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
I jumped in here to predict a BSU win but I am not so sure.

This would be a huge early win for ISU and would have them back on schedule. BSU will be a tourney team and is better than Mizzery.

I think we can have some success inside. Solo/Lard/Beverly are the difference.

Why the heck not?

ISU 78
BSU 74

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Not sure but I'm excited for the game which is very different than last Monday. Was always curious to see what the team would turn into but I think there's some actual promise here with the team's pieces.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Is this game going to be on TV? Looking around on my DirecTV guide and I'm not finding it.

Edit: NVM, found it, wasn't looking at tomorrow's schedule on the guide.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
I jumped in here to predict a BSU win but I am not so sure.

This would be a huge early win for ISU and would have them back on schedule. BSU will be a tourney team and is better than Mizzery.

I think we can have some success inside. Solo/Lard/Beverly are the difference.

Why the heck not?

ISU 78
BSU 74
Better than Mizoo!? Also, I'd be surprised if Beverly is ever the difference on the winning side.

• Agree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
Going in with guardedly low expectations. I think Boise is up by 8-12 most of the game and ends up winning by 10 or so. Should still be a good test and a nice measuring stick.

• Agree
Reactions: sadam

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Hard to predict this team as Coach still working with them. I like how we have good ball movement and motion on O and I like how they can double team on D, we just need the talent to execute and make shots.
Seems like it's not hard to put up points on us.
If NWB and DJ remain consistent; if Lard & Young continue contributing and if SY stays out of foul trouble, we can do this:
'Clones: 77
BSU: 75

ComCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2016
Boise State 79, Iowa State 78
:(

JCloned

Mar 20, 2006
Picked to finish 5th in a 1 bid conference, but yeah, easy to tell they are better than Missouri after 4 games.

This is the classic, "Let's build them up to be a powerhouse so if we lose its not a huge deal".

Where was ISU picked last year. This is a very good BSU team. Not saying we won't win, but it will be a good win if we get it. Given where we are at defensively right now I give the edge to BSU

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Where was ISU picked last year. This is a very good BSU team. Not saying we won't win, but it will be a good win if we get it. Given where we are at defensively right now I give the edge to BSU

Ok, we'll see, once they win the Mountain West and secure a tourney bid I'll eat some crow.

As of right now I would say it's a solid win if we beat them. Honestly, I'm just looking for continued improvement win or lose this game.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
This is going to be one of those games that we just keep fighting but a combination of ref terribleness and long prayers at the end of shot clocks and losing easy rebounds out of bounds stops us from getting over the hump.