*** Official IOWA STATE Vs Baylor Gameday Thread ***

ComCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2016
Do they tho? If we are all tied, the tiebreaker goes down the standings. As in, what is your best record against 1st place, what is your best record against 2nd place, etc. At least that is how it works in basketball for the tourney.

I guess I just want confirmation on this one point: does the tiebreaker work differently or the same as basketball?

In the event two (or more teams) tie for second or any subsequent position, the tiebreaker procedures below will be used to break all ties as necessary. For the avoidance of doubt, only Conference records will be used throughout the process:
a. If two teams are tied, the winner of the regular-season game between the two tied teams shall prevail.
b. If three or more teams are tied, steps 1 through 4 will be followed until a determination is made. If only two teams remain tied after any step, the winner of the regular season game between the two tied teams shall prevail.
1. The Conference records of the three or more teams will be compared against each other in a “mini round-robin” format.
2. The Conference records of the three or more teams will be compared against the remaining team(s) in the Conference
standings from top to bottom.
a. When comparing against the remaining teams in the Conference standings any two-way ties will be broken by head-to-head
competition before the comparison begins.
b. If more than a two-way tie exists amongst the remaining teams in the Conference standings, the record against the collective
tied teams as a group will be used.
3. Scoring differential among the tied teams. The team or teams with the lowest difference between points scored and points
allowed in games vs. the tied teams is eliminated from consideration.
4. Draw (In the event steps 1-3 cannot break a multi-team tie the prevailing team or teams will be determined by draw at the
Conference office).
In the event tiebreaking procedures are unsuccessful and a draw is necessary in determining any portion of seeding,
the following procedures will be used:
a. The draw will be conducted in public or with media attendance.
b. Institutions involved in the drawing have the right to have a local representative in attendance at the drawing.
c. A single slip of paper for each institution (with name or logo) will be placed in a container and will be drawn in order
of seeding from highest to lowest.

• Informative
Reactions: UraMallas

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Props to the team, they did what they needed to get the win. Amazing considering Lazard, Butler& Murdock only has 3 receptions combined.

Running game finally gave some room today.

Ironically it's the same day that DM gets dinged up after as much as he's done.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Do they tho? If we are all tied, the tiebreaker goes down the standings. As in, what is your best record against 1st place, what is your best record against 2nd place, etc. At least that is how it works in basketball for the tourney.

I guess I just want confirmation on this one point: does the tiebreaker work differently or the same as basketball?
first tiebreaker is head to head against all the other teams with the same record.

ISU, TCU, and WVU are 1-1 against each other,
ISU, TCU, and OSU are 1-1,
ISU, TCU, and Texas are 1-1

In all those scenarios, ISU would win the 2nd tiebreaker, which is record against teams top to bottom due to the win over Oklahoma.

In cases of 4 teams, ISU loses the first tiebreaker because ISU has lost to WVU, OSU, and Texas, ISU would be 1-2.

Tiebreakers are here: http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=1546006

ISU gets to the title game with a win over Kansas St.,
Baylor must beat TCU,
and 2 or 3 of the following 3 lose next week: WVU @ Oklahoma, Texas vs. Tech, and Okie St. vs. Kansas.

• Informative

dmdom

Oct 28, 2014

Head to head is before record against rest of conference.

• Informative

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
Heard post game radio interview with CMC. He said they "dodged a bullet" in regard to Montgomery, and no "major leg injuries." Other than that, just coach speak, so still being careful with his words.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Not sure I agree with this assessment. I'm sure they want their doctors in control of everything. 6 to 12 hours is not a difference maker.

I like you toledo fan, but man let us at least hope it is good news on Montgomery. You seem intent to irritate us on numerous levels.

• Agree
Reactions: isufbcurt

jaj040

Nut Cup Wearer
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 21, 2015
Heard post game radio interview with CMC. He said they "dodged a bullet" in regard to Montgomery, and no "major leg injuries." Other than that, just coach speak, so still being careful with his words.
Can't say I agree. Coach speak to me would be something along the lines of "we'll evaluate the injury and go from there". CMC has now had multiple times to set expectations low but hasn't.

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
I like you toledo fan, but man let us at least hope it is good news on Montgomery. You seem intent to irritate us on numerous levels.

That was a terrible position he was twisted into. It would be highly unlikely that he could be 100% healthy in one week. Then, question is how much to play him next week. Bowl game is plenty of time depending on what actually is going on medically. Didn't mean to be Debbie Downer....Sorry ya all.

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
Can't say I agree. Coach speak to me would be something along the lines of "we'll evaluate the injury and go from there". CMC has now had multiple times to set expectations low but hasn't.

Could be true. I'm just guessing like everyone else. As an old coach and father whose kids had many football injuries, they tend to set me off a little.
upload_2017-11-18_20-9-10.jpeg

Last edited:

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Great win. 3 conference road wins in a year.

I thought maybe we’d have a little easier time scoring, but wasn’t surprised or at all concerned it was competitive. Baylor made it a game in Norman.

agardini

Nov 12, 2009
Props to the team, they did what they needed to get the win. Amazing considering Lazard, Butler& Murdock only has 3 receptions combined.

It helps when 2 of those were also for a touchdown. That butler catch was pretty sick.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Great win. 3 conference road wins in a year.

I thought maybe we’d have a little easier time scoring, but wasn’t surprised or at all concerned it was competitive. Baylor made it a game in Norman.
And we still have a chance at a 4th road win and 6 total conference wins. Pretty awesome time and this staff is just getting started!

Reactions: FinalFourCy

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
Nancy, what do you think of the officiating today?
tenor.gif

Reactions: bosco
L

LincolnWay187

I don't know if I can truly welcome this guy as a cyclone fan....he has not felt our pain and anguish to be a true cyclone fan lol.

• Dislike
Reactions: tolfbfan

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
That was a terrible position he was twisted into. It would be highly unlikely that he could be 100% healthy in one week. Then, question is how much to play him next week. Bowl game is plenty of time depending on what actually is going on medically. Didn't mean to be Debbie Downer....Sorry ya all.

I think most of us on here really want to beat KSU in a bad way. We have had a bunch of close losses to them and I’m not speaking for Cyclone Nation, but I would rather win this game next week than win the bowl game.

That being said, making sure Montgomery is healthy and continuing on his path to the NFL draft after his junior year is the most important thing.

• Agree
Reactions: tolfbfan

Help Support Us

Become a patron