*** Official IOWA STATE Vs Baylor Gameday Thread ***

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
I am going to try to put together a scenario sheet like the guys do for basketball.

I did notice that ISU has the 2nd tiebreaker over everyone, which is because of their win over Oklahoma, so that means that I think that

ISU gets to the title game with a win over Kansas St.,
Baylor must beat TCU,
and 2 or 3 of the following 3 lose next week: WVU @ Oklahoma, Texas vs. Tech, and Okie St. vs. Kansas.

SerenityNow

Dec 4, 2009
Central Iowa
Great win. Wow it feels good to have at least 7 wins in the regular season. Here's hoping David misses just one game at the most with no significant damage.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc

cy2win

May 15, 2006
Hoping for the best for DM ofc, but really love the next-man-in mentality on this team.

ComCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2016
See, I think this is right. I haven't ever had to pay attention of tiebreaker rules for football because there has never been a championship game that we had a shot at, but if it is the same rules as basketball, we just need to make sure we tie all other teams besides OU.

WVU and OSU have the tiebreaker over us.

There's a reason why that stats thread had us 1% chance after losing to OSU.

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
He would have been on the way to the hospital and not back in the sidelines if there was a tear.

Not sure I agree with this assessment. I'm sure they want their doctors in control of everything. 6 to 12 hours is not a difference maker.

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
Not saying he will play next weekend, but looks like he dodged a bullet as far as serious knee injuries are concerned.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Doc

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
Sure. But he would at least have stayed in the locker room.

No, my son once had a suspected ligament tear and came back out on crutches and watched remaining part of game.

DM has great lower body strength. A strain is quite possible. With only one game left before bowl, recovery time is not quite as time sensitive.

UraMallas

Jan 9, 2013
WVU and OSU have the tiebreaker over us.

There's a reason why that stats thread had us 1% chance after losing to OSU.

Do they tho? If we are all tied, the tiebreaker goes down the standings. As in, what is your best record against 1st place, what is your best record against 2nd place, etc. At least that is how it works in basketball for the tourney.

I guess I just want confirmation on this one point: does the tiebreaker work differently or the same as basketball?

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
The post game on the field interview with MC is the happiest I've seen him. He seemed almost giddy.
He seemed very emotional and I didn't know if that was a good thing or a bad thing until he said the x-ray was clear.

dmdom

Oct 28, 2014
Props to the team, they did what they needed to get the win. Amazing considering Lazard, Butler& Murdock only has 3 receptions combined.