Random Thoughts XI (Eleven Pipers Piping)

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Hey @ImJustKCClone today is a preview of what MTWTF's will be like now. Well, except there is football on today. Don't be expecting to watch football on Monday afternoon.

#retired_pro_tips
Welp - today, Monday & Tuesday is a housecleaning and finishing moving furniture upstairs. Don't need as much desk space anymore. Wed we meet with TIAA guy to finalize what we will get "paid" each month. Thursday we start our circuit of picking up grandkids. The parents will follow and Saturday is Thanksgiving. Monday we drive our last grandkids back to Mizzou (their dad has to work that weekend). After that, it's relaxation time. :D
(there was a good reason why we planned our final day for the Friday before Thanksgiving)

Reactions: CycloneErik

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Welp - today, Monday & Tuesday is a housecleaning and finishing moving furniture upstairs. Don't need as much desk space anymore. Wed we meet with TIAA guy to finalize what we will get "paid" each month. Thursday we start our circuit of picking up grandkids. The parents will follow and Saturday is Thanksgiving. Monday we drive our last grandkids back to Mizzou (their dad has to work that weekend). After that, it's relaxation time. :D
(there was a good reason why we planned our final day for the Friday before Thanksgiving)

You are not doing this retirement thing right. Rookie. ;)

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Interesting things I learned yesterday:

1) While browsing around on findagrave.com I discovered that my grandparents (if they were still alive) would be celebrating their 100th wedding anniversary this year. My parents celebrated their 60th year together this year.

2) findagrave.com is a really depressing name for an ancestry website

My grandma would have turned 100 years old last Saturday.

FindAGrave.com....might be a depressing name but really fun to double back and find stuff out about your family tree.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Oh, and hi, by the way.

Just about ready to leave Hell for...ummm...not really Hell. Purgatory?

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Saturday night boredom cured. Channel flipped into guilty pleasure B movie, Grandma's Boy.

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.