My new Zodiac Killer website/message board

Cyfan4good

Jul 7, 2009
Ankeny
Here's one in northern Iowa that was a mystery for several years that some of you may want to watch. It's on Sunday and again next Tuesday.

http://www.locatetv.com/tv/gangsters-americas-most-evil/9633909

Bumping this, watched it tonight. Not many know this story about Iowa's meth kingpin who is now on death row for murdering five people including two little girls. It's on again Tuesday night. Channel 238 on Directv.
  • Web_GME_showicon_575x246.jpg
    Dustin HonkenTuesday, February 2 at 8pmDustin Honken was a mastermind chemist who made and sold a deadly concoction of crystal methamphetamine. But the federal government would accuse him of much more than that when two of the key witnesses in the case against him suddenly

Last edited:

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
So are you familiar with Tim Wilson and his theories and book on Ted Bundy? Only reason I ask is I never realized this was an obsession for some people until I heard him talk about it on the Bob and Tom show. He is, or was, one of the best regular guests on that show.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Good stuff, and for the record, Fincher's Zodiac movie is one of the best movies ever made. Very under-appreciated.

Not 100% accurate, of course, and I don't like that he focuses on just one suspect, but overall it really is a great movie. A friend of mine has been coming up with some amazing finds and he has come up with the best Zodiac theory I have ever seen. If he is right, whoever thought it up is brilliant. I am helping him with his research, but it is really hard to find info on the guy his work points to. Can't post the name in a public forum, but registered members of my site can see the name and read about him in the "secret suspect" section of the message board.

Check out my friend's work. He isn't all that great at presenting things, but the work itself is amazing.
www.zodiackillerenigma.com

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
History channel will be running a new Zodiac special soon. There's also a documentary coming out soon that is based on Tom Hanson's attempt to catch the killer. He made a Zodiac movie in 1971 and showed the movie in some San Francisco theaters with the goal of drawing the killer out. The documentary seems like his suspect might be Earl Van Best. Van Best abandoned his infant son who ended up writing a book a few years ago about how his father was Zodiac. The book is garbage, but if Van Best was Hanson's suspect then I will take a real interest in him. Hanson's movie, Zodiac Killer, is being released on Blu-Ray.

I stepped away from the Zodiac case a few months ago but still try to keep up with anything new that is going on.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I like my Ted Cruz as the zodiac killer as opposed to the President’s version where he’s the son of a JFK assassin...or can it be both?

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
I like my Ted Cruz as the zodiac killer as opposed to the President’s version where he’s the son of a JFK assassin...or can it be both?
Cruz wasn't even born when Zodiac was killing people... BUT, a couple out there have put together same wacky things on Cruz's father partnering with Bernie Sanders to commit so horrible crimes, including the Zodiac murders.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
I'm trying to decide if it's worth getting. Let me know if you think it's credible or not.
Will do. I think there is a movie on the subject on Netflix if I'm not mistaken.... I have read a theory that this murder was committed by a "travelling serial killer" who was also the New Orleans axe man and I think maybe the Cleveland Torso Killer. Again, I have kinda stepped away from this stuff for the last few months so my memory is a bit rusty.

The title of the book you posted makes me think the author leans towards that theory.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
Here is a trailer to the documentary regarding Tom Hanson's plan to catch Zodiac:

When I first read about his plan, I thought it was amazing so I spent dozens of hours trying to figure out who his suspect is, but no luck. I went to ridiculous lengths, even flipping through every single page of the 1969-1970 San Francisco directory, trying to find any small clue that would help.

In the trailer you will see they show a man in a courtroom. That man is Earl Van Best Jr, who I mentioned previously. I don't want him to be Zodiac just because his son is a d-bag who has made a name for himself by writing a book about his father being the Zodiac. A lot of the things in his book are crap and have been disproven, but this trailer makes it look like Van Best is also Tom Hanson's suspect so now I definitely have an interest in Van Best. I hope everyone reads the interview with Hanson that I posted earlier because it's one of the most fascinating things you will ever read.

Personally, I think that there was an original killer and a 'partner' who would write the letters and then the last confirmed murder (Paul Stine) was committed by a 2nd killer. If I was forced to guess, I would guess Arthur Leigh Allen was the original killer, Fred Manalli was the one writing the letters (although Ted Kaczynski's handwriting is very close, and he was into codes and bomb making, obviously) and I have know idea who the Stine killer was. Maybe it was Van Best. Maybe Larry Kane. Either way, I do think there were 2 killers, a letter writer and possibly even another person or two working behind the scenes.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
Forgot to mention something... a few months ago a new movie came out called Awakening the Zodiac. The acting isn't all that great, but I love the idea of the movie. A young couple find some film canisters in a storage unit. One of the films is a Zodiac home movie of him committing a murder. It has been rumored that Zodiac had someone film his Lake Berryessa attack, although there is no way to prove that. So the idea behind this movie intrigued me to say the least, but the movie was just okay. I recommend it to anyone who is into the Zodiac case, just don't expect it to be as good as David Fincher's Zodiac.

Help Support Us

Become a patron