"Confidence and shooters....

clonomaniac

Apr 12, 2006
St Louis, MO
..go well.... together"

I mean what does that even mean? Who are these announcers?

"If I was hiring, I would hire him"... who hires players to play on teams?

I'm glad to hear they got the coach's names right today. But damn, how are they on tv?

FredCyclone

Sep 30, 2017
..go well.... together"

I'm glad to hear they got the coach's names right today. But damn, how are they on tv?

I wonder what the requirements is to get the announcer's job. Do the program managers even listen to a demo tape or they hire the first person who shows up.

FredCyclone

Sep 30, 2017
..go well.... together"

I have listened to sports announcers in non english speaking countries with better commentary in english then this crap.

clonomaniac

Apr 12, 2006
St Louis, MO
Is the PxP guy from Puerto Rico? Did they want him to be on the broadcast when the tournament was originally scheduled to be in Puerto Rico? That's the only thing I can think of. It's to the point where I feel bad for him.
I think Debbie might actually be from the Carolinas. He did sound like he could be from elsewhere, maybe even PR.

He likes the word stroke a lot lol

SerenityNow

Dec 4, 2009
Central Iowa
I'm thinking he calls soccer mainly and was given this gig when it was slated for PR. I have a hard time believing he announces basketball regularly.

• Agree
Reactions: jbindm

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
I think Debbie might actually be from the Carolinas. He did sound like he could be from elsewhere, maybe even PR.

He likes the word stroke a lot lol

Maybe its just me, but I thought the gal has done a good job. Her statements and questions seem very knowledgeable. But, yes, the guy had some interesting head shaking comments. Beats the heck out of Tubberville x 10, tho

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Maybe its just me, but I thought the gal has done a good job. Her statements and questions seem very knowledgeable. But, yes, the guy had some interesting head shaking comments. Beats the heck out of Tubberville x 10, tho

He had Babb at one point with 18 rebounds 16 assists and 21 points or something like that. He's obviously very confused.

• Funny
Reactions: Bewilderme

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
Is the PxP guy from Puerto Rico? Did they want him to be on the broadcast when the tournament was originally scheduled to be in Puerto Rico? That's the only thing I can think of. It's to the point where I feel bad for him.
This is the only reason he has the job. He just is not cut out to be a basketball announcer.

rdtindsm

Jan 30, 2008
I lived in Ft. Worth for about a year and for some reason was listening to a SMU or TCU game.
The BB game was exhibition and I couldn't tell you what country the opposing team was from. Most of the players had long names with a lot more consonants than vowels.

He nailed it. This was 30 years ago and I marvel to this day. He deserved combat pay.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
..go well.... together"

As that is the subject of an ongoing federal investigation, it would not be proper to comment at this time.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron