*** Official Tulsa Vs IOWA STATE Gameday Thread ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins
So, if Prohm had realized who is best player was prior to Monday, do we win the UWM game? I guess we should be thankful it only took camp, two exhibitions, and two games.

Now I hope he can figure out that it’s Young, Lard, and Brase, with Talley playing the four when needed. Beverly will have his occasional moments, but he’s mostly a few possession guy.

I think Prohm knew who the best player was, it was just the issue of NWB figuring out how good he could be. And as far as lineups, right now Prohm is just going to keep rotating guys to try some different stuff. Prohm knows what he's doing, his coaching style is just constant improvement over the course of the season. Last year's team looked pretty crappy at points early in the season, as well. (Not as bad as this team, but relative to potential, somewhat similar)

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
So, if Prohm had realized who is best player was prior to Monday, do we win the UWM game? I guess we should be thankful it only took camp, two exhibitions, and two games.

Now I hope he can figure out that it’s Young, Lard, and Brase, with Talley playing the four when needed. Beverly will have his occasional moments, but he’s mostly a few possession guy.

The biggest thing I'm wishing for right now is that you will stop posting in the basketball threads...

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
Concerning to give up that huge lead, but that does happen.
Did very well making the plays we needed to at the end.
Didn't hate free throws. That's just huge for these guys.
Babb has been fabulous. Great move by CSP.
Jackson did what he needs to do ... not great % but clutch free throws
Lard will be good, but got a tough lesson today from a big strong more experienced player. You could see that coming.
Don’t win without Long today.
Really proud of how we played the last three minutes. Great growth for team.

psyclone51

Nov 6, 2011

Man I get tired of arm chair coaches. Let me see, doesn't have to actually work with the players (and their personalities), gets to watch the game from the stands or his living room, can make all manner of comments after the fact. Prohm has to live in reality, is making decisions in real time (and for all to see), is immersed in the real game and his decisions for the most part run the team in real time. Oh, and Prohm actually makes a living doing this, while FinalFourCy can yammer all he wants - with no consequences. THAT is why I get so frustrated with arm chair coaches.

sheepplucker

Sep 22, 2013

Knowing who the best player is wasn’t going to stop them from all those turnovers and bad shot selection.. bad passes

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

Goal #1: find fault

sheepplucker

Sep 22, 2013
I think prohm is overly loyal to some of the 5th year transfers he gets. Hopefully he figures out the bench players faster than he did with Holden and Bowie not a knock on them just started way to long because of the SR status.

• Agree
Reactions: Dingus

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I'm only just watching the replay of the App State game and it's not perfect, but the team looks much more in control of knowing what they want to do, has more flow, and there's a lot of moving parts that can help contribute in different ways.

Probably just Kool-Aid but we might be seeing a team that goes beyond a .500 record at least and can hang with some nice teams.

These close wins provide lots to learn for young an inexperienced players.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
Nice win Clones! It's nice to see them making progress.
-Great play by Jakolby, looks way better than expected or I gave him credit for.
-Donovan is starting to figured it out, which is nice. He got stuck with a short shot clock a couple times, but otherwise I think he only forced a couple of shots.
-NWB looks great right now, he looks like he's making the jump.
-I think I'd like to see Hans start; then come off the bench with Talley, Long, and Lard. Beverly and Lewis will probalby be the odd men out.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Young & Lard 38 minutes, 9 fouls. That gets fixed we are going to be competitive in the conference.

83cy

May 14, 2006
I'm just happy this team seems to be improving. Those first two games looked like disaster was coming, like 5-6 wins. If ISU can continue to improve the future looks great. NWB = Stud

JCloned

Mar 20, 2006
Huge test on Sunday. 6'7" guard Chandler Hutchinson will play in NBA. BSU should finish at or very near top of Mountain West. Should be a good measuring stick. Glad it isn't until Sunday so Prohm can keep on coaching and guys can rest some legs.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016

Babb had 5 turnovers and 0 assists against UWM.

JCloned

Mar 20, 2006
One thing I noticed different last night and tonight vs. first two games is spacing is much better on offense. Against Missouri sometimes we were so collapsed on offense that it looked like we were playing in a small town small gym. Seemed like Tigers were everywhere because they really could help so easily. Combined with their length that was a recipe for disaster. Great to see the progress.