New Coach

0u812

Jan 14, 2012
I have to think it was a promo for the Puerto Rico tourney....between Jeff prome, of da Schide and other engrish it was tough to listen to. call it bill Walton minus the weed and add rum?

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I just listened to the radio call so I missed the joys of Jeff Prohm, but I just got done watching the highlights on Cyclones.com. At the very end he mentions Steve Prom. Did he pronounce the head coach's last name like that all night in addition to getting the first name wrong?

DeftOne

Dec 30, 2014
Des Moines, IA
I just listened to the radio call so I missed the joys of Jeff Prohm, but I just got done watching the highlights on Cyclones.com. At the very end he mentions Steve Prom. Did he pronounce the head coach's last name like that all night in addition to getting the first name wrong?
It was basically an either-or situation. He either got the first name wrong (Jeff) and the last name right, or the first name right and the last name wrong (Prom). A real bang-up job, for sure.

• Agree
Reactions: riceville98

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
It was basically an either-or situation. He either got the first name wrong (Jeff) and the last name right, or the first name right and the last name wrong (Prom). A real bang-up job, for sure.

That guy had weird pronunciations with a lot of words. It seems like a thick Boston accent, mixed with Jamaican or something.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
Times like this make me want to pursue an easier way for me to overlay the Walters/Heft on top of the TV broadcast. A Radio DVR and some sort of easy way to sync it up. Doubly complicated since a lot of times end up delaying the TV broadcast as well.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
How has no one mentioned that chick taking about measuring the hoops? Who preps and does that?

• Agree
Reactions: ILikeCy

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
Times like this make me want to pursue an easier way for me to overlay the Walters/Heft on top of the TV broadcast. A Radio DVR and some sort of easy way to sync it up. Doubly complicated since a lot of times end up delaying the TV broadcast as well.

Get tunein radio on your phone and search for the Cyclones stream. It is actually behind slightly of live TV so if you have dvr you can sync it perfectly. I do it for every football game.

• Friendly
Reactions: NickTheGreat

VirginSturgeon

Sep 13, 2017
Shout-out to CW and Blum for a job well done on the radio call. Nice work filling in for Walters and Heft.

I think Blum and CW are much better thatn Walters and Heft. Heft is just plain difficult to listen to at times, especially during football games. Loved Blum and CW's take last night calling the game!

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I think Blum and CW are much better thatn Walters and Heft. Heft is just plain difficult to listen to at times, especially during football games. Loved Blum and CW's take last night calling the game!
I thought I was the only one who couldn't take Heft. Good guy but there are some things that get to me. I'd mention them but then they would be in your head also. That would be mean.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
Man, "Jeff" Prohm has these guys playing well tonight....
Is he kind of like Cliff Paul?
cliff-paul-state-farm-commercial.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: isu2014

isu2014

May 16, 2011
Oskaloosa, IA
I have to think it was a promo for the Puerto Rico tourney....between Jeff prome, of da Schide and other engrish it was tough to listen to. call it bill Walton minus the weed and add rum?
Except Bill actually says funny things that keep me engaged as a listener, to see what he says next. I've actually stayed up later than I should have to watch a meaningless Pac 12 game just to listen to Bill Walton.

isu2014

May 16, 2011
Oskaloosa, IA
Walters is one of the absolute best play by play announcers I've ever heard. Doesn't get distracted, I can usually picture exactly what is actually happening. Also, he's not afraid to show emotion yet gives credit to the other team when it's due. Heft is a good compliment to him, and it's interesting to listen to him given how long he's been around Cyclone athletics. He's seen it all...

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron