Mizzou and Kansas State to resume football series

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Thumbs up for posting in the correct forum (correlates to beating Surly)

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
Playing KU (Exhibition), ISU in basketball; scheduling KSU in football?

giphy.gif

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I wouldn't care if our league refused to play the teams that left but its no biggie to me. This isn't a marquee matchup but I always like when p5 play home and homes games.

• Agree
Reactions: intrepid27

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
This game has been in the works for some time now. Glad it's finalized. I hope we have a basketball series with Missouri. We share a common loathing for Ku after all.

And I always get a kick out of fans who berate schools for leaving the then-dysfunctional Big 12. Like our schools wouldn't have done the same. Tell me ISU wouldn't have gone to the Big 10 if offered, tell me that? o_O

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
This game has been in the works for some time now. Glad it's finalized. I hope we have a basketball series with Missouri. We share a common loathing for Ku after all.

And I always get a kick out of fans who berate schools for leaving the then-dysfunctional Big 12. Like our schools wouldn't have done the same. Tell me ISU wouldn't have gone to the Big 10 if offered, tell me that? o_O

Mizzou left when we had WV signed on, and when we had just avoided the mass exodus of Texas, TT, OU and OSU to the Pac-10. The conference was just regaining some stability when Mizzou left. Mizzou left just so they could show the world "hey we can do it to, we are just like Nebraska and aTm. Mizzou going to the SEC made little to no sense, and they have yet to fit into that confernce. ISU going to the Big 10 would make sense.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Are the Jayhawks still too angry to talk to Mizzou? Thought that rivalry was more bitter.

One of the most physical games I can recall was Mizzou-KU '08 I think. It was a sloppy field and they were just throttling each other at any chance.

I think the game was on some lower-tier channel for the time like FSN and it was a really great game.

• Informative
Reactions: CYCLNST8

weR138

Feb 20, 2008

Missouri (along with UNL & aTm) created the dysfunction so no, they don't get a pass.

Last edited:

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017

Missouri was the dysfunction

• Agree
Reactions: harimad

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA

Exactly.

• Winner
Reactions: surly

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
The only thing holding this league together is Texas and to a lesser extent, but not by much, OU. Ku would leave in a millisecond for the Big10 if ever offered. But lose either of the bell-cows and it's curtains. I hated Missouri leaving. But we all act in our self-interests first. That's exactly what they did. And I'm confident there have been many times that they wished they had stayed.

Last edited:

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
Mizzou left when we had WV signed on, and when we had just avoided the mass exodus of Texas, TT, OU and OSU to the Pac-10. The conference was just regaining some stability when Mizzou left. Mizzou left just so they could show the world "hey we can do it to, we are just like Nebraska and aTm. Mizzou going to the SEC made little to no sense, and they have yet to fit into that confernce. ISU going to the Big 10 would make sense.

I like to hate on Missouri too but if ISU's president/AD had declined an invitation to any of the other four P5 conferences, they should have been fired for malpractice. We would have done what they did, or Nebraska did, or Colorado did.

If the Big 12 survives the next round of TV deals, and especially if it manages to snag some schools from the Pac-12 which could happen, then I will feel differently moving forward. But Iowa State was inches away from now being in the American in both 2010 and 2011 and it wasn't a sure thing that Missouri wouldn't have been had they not taken the SEC deal.

• Winner
Reactions: surly