Interesting note on Iowa State vs. Tulsa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Anyway, I don't get how it came down to Joiner or McNeil. McNeil committed prior to Wigginton and Joiner's visit was scheduled for late in the process, so it seems to me Joiner was the backup plan to Wigginton and didn't have anything to do with McNeil's commitment.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Brkdt6o.gif

• Funny
Reactions: skibumspe

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Perhaps he was assuming they are entitled because while the annual cost of attendance at Iowa State is about $20,000 at Berkeley you are looking at around $35,000.

Of course for out of state students at ISU it is pretty much comparable.

----

Let's hope he doesn't go off on ISU today.

Reactions: jcyclonee

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
What does shaving your armpits even have to do with being female? I am a man, and I take offense to that.

• Useful
Reactions: ExCyment

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
He called Berkeley women entitled. Why, exactly?

I'm not going to derail the topic anymore, but Berkeley women are known historically and culturally for being liberal, feminists, and outspoken. It's just a ridiculous word to use describe women who simply want to have equal rights and aren't afraid to be vocal about it. That makes them... "entitled"? Okay...? I know these forums are probably predominantly male, but still...

Back to the topic at hand, if losing out on McNeill and Joiner meant we got the 2018 class that we signed, oh well. Worked out in the long run.
It's not about Berkeley women being liberal, feminists and outspoken. I fully support all of those things. In using the term entitled, I'm just poking fun at generalizations about Suburban California and highly selective colleges. I'd be more concerned about my armpit hair comment. That was just a petty attempt at low-brow humor. Anyway, I certainly respect and understand your statement and opinion.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I'm anxious to see Joiner play. I expect him to look pretty good. Prohm doesn't recruit guards who aren't good.

Reactions: seattleCy

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
If Mcneil comes or Joyner came to Iowa State. We would have had 3 schollys to fill. We Got Talen Horton Tucker with the fourth Schollarship. Ill take that as a win for us.
It’s too bad we took Long, as now we can’t sign Harris, right? Or it stinks we signed Kasongo and couldn’t sign THT.

Are you new to recruiting? The math rarely works that way. And even then, you’re picking one unknown (recruit) that will play one year in the times period of interest over an unknown (recruit) that would play two years. Give me McNeill for this year and next, and I’ll trust the staff to make the needed room.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I made the mistake of reading this thread during a meeting at work. Had to step out because i could stop laughing. Thank you CF for making me look like an idiot.

Reactions: jcyclonee
Status
Not open for further replies.