*** Official #12 Oklahoma State Vs #24 IOWA STATE Gameday Thread ***

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
The two calls they swallowed their whistles on were the obvious hold on Washington for their go ahead TD.........he turned around with a "I didn't do anything" hands up look like he was just busted on an episode of "cops". Then the PI against Lazard. That is exactly what our guys were getting flagged on over....and over before they made their two point conversion. They were actually calling a good game up until then. And I have no problem with the PI's as long as they are called the same. But they weren't.......................and we are ISU.

Lack of PI against Lazard on 1st and goal is the worst call of the year on us easily given the situation. 1st and goal inside the 2 with 35 seconds left instead of 2nd and goal from the 4. Who knows how it would have affected the game, very likely at least a different play call.

No excuse for that blown lack of call after what had been called the rest of the game.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Not blaming the refs, but they HAVE to call it both ways. Lazard was interfered with, just like the Dude on their 2pt conversion. Wish the play calling was better at the goal line, but still super frustrating. Let’s go ahead and DESTROY Baylor and KSU the next two weeks to get to 8-4.

Exactly. I complain about bad calls a lot. I didn't complain about those 2pt conversion penalties against ISU BECAUSE THEY WERE THE RIGHT CALL.

Wrong call, blown call, cost ISU a down and 2 yards in critical situation.

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
Complete incompetence shown by the officials today. PI called on the 2 pt conversion should have been called on the offense or simply not called at all. No way the receiver could have caught the all. Then, two refs missed the horsecollar. The real travesty was on the pass plays to the end zone. Literally the exact same play as OSUs 2 or conversion except these balls were catchable, and our receivers were getting raped trying to catch the ball, including on the “interception”, which was the worst call of them all. No way the Oklahoma State player had the ball. Should’ve been dual possession and touchdown Cyclones. We got hosed.

clonefan841

Oct 30, 2017
Well I now have to sue the NCAA and big 12 officiating. The blatant screw job resulted in me shouting and breaking things, which made my cat traumatized. I had to spend 30 minutes coddling him to make sure he understood I wasn't yelling at him, but he still doesn't look the same and needs cat therapy. I go to top of the line facilities for this therapy so I hope you're ready to pay up NCAA.

But seriously though, what was this 4th quarter? Phantom PI on 2 pt conversion, blatant hold on the screen from the 22 that a ref was LITERALLY STARING AT IT that tied the game, then the last play that was as clear of an ISU TD as I've seen. This may be worse than the fumble at the 1 by Texas several years back. I am really starting to think the big 12 just doesn't want to see us in a title game plain and simple.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldCard

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
Look okie state caught that ball man, our receiver just stuck his arm in there at the end...you can not give him that catch. You should be pissed about the no calls for PI and holding we were getting at the end while receiving those same penalties on the other end.
Okie state caught it with our guys hand. Look at the photo above. ISU is pinning the ball down on their receiver.

daclones

Feb 6, 2010
The fade routes are SO predictable....very disappointed in the last couple play calls. But mainly upset with the stupid 3 man rush/zone D against best passer in college! This loss is on the D. Maybe D backs are way too slow for man to man?

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I had to unfollow Hines and Birch. Hines has some really good B.B. analysis, but the cutesie snarky routine gets old. They seem to be tweeting for each other’s benefit more than anything,
Hines is nothing more than a troll. Facts are opinions and opinions facts, depending on his narrative.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Iowa St's best player is undoubtedly Montgomery, you give him the ball. Like he did on that 4th down play, he'll find away.

And your second best player, and top receiver in a decade, should have been option 1A. Let your stars make a play. No other players number should have been called.

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
Three extremely frustrating losses at home this year to go 3-3 at JTS. To get to the next level, we've got to defend the home field. Still a chance to have a great season though. Back in August, I was struggling to see how we would win five this year. Finishing 8-4 would be great. Go get it done Cyclones.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Complete incompetence shown by the officials today. PI called on the 2 pt conversion should have been called on the offense or simply not called at all. No way the receiver could have caught the all. Then, two refs missed the horsecollar. The real travesty was on the pass plays to the end zone. Literally the exact same play as OSUs 2 or conversion except these balls were catchable, and our receivers were getting raped trying to catch the ball, including on the “interception”, which was the worst call of them all. No way the Oklahoma State player had the ball. Should’ve been dual possession and Iowa State’s ball. We got hosed.

Neither of those were PIs - they were holding calls. The pass doesn't need to be catchable to be called holding. I'm less pissed about those being flagged for holding than when the very same thing, except more egregious, happened when we were trying to score and they decided keeping their junk warm was more important than flagging holding on OSU.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron