SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Q4wKJoV.jpg

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
The defenders hand came off the ball when Murdock hit the ground. Murdock had possession by himself for that moment. Refs absolutely decided the outcome of the game. Confirmed is a load of ****.

They can't confirm that. Complete BS to say confirm. But if they called it an interception they have to lead it that way.

There is no way "process of the catch" can be confirmed with Murdock instantly springs up with the ball in hand before anybody even knows what's going on.

GoldCard

Nov 25, 2016
Horrible, horrible call. At best simultaneous possession going to the ground and then Murdock clearly took possession when both players hit the ground. He was the only one to clearly ever possess the ball. Shoulda been a TD and then to confirm the call are you kidding me. **** big 12 refs.

quasistellar

Feb 29, 2016
It's a pick and seemed pretty clear. Bad tackling and angles today and allowed pressure and sacks vs 3 man rush. Mediocre OL play would have this team prob undefeated.

Yep. Pretty much sums it up.

This Zeb kid looks like he's got a future though.

Reactions: khardbored

oldwiseman

Oct 10, 2009
Are you on drugs? 1 stuff. Sit on him. Then you have to spike it to get one more play. Glad you’re not a football coach.

Running he ball in that spot is an all or nothing proposition. You are aware we had no timeouts left right?

You're wrong, sorry dude. The next 3 plays take a max of 5 seconds each from the 4 as long as you're throwing for the endzone. You can run the ball once in that series and be fine.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Can I blame the refs now? That was awful. And you can go back I usually don’t make excuses on the refs

The interception was mostly we blew it...some of the no call PI/holding leading up to that play was beyond doubt unfair towards ISU compared to how the entire rest of the game had been called. They fundamentally changed the rules for the final two minutes to screw ISU, anybody with eyes couldn't argue it. Should have been first and goal inside the two.

FredCyclone

Sep 30, 2017
How many times has Montgomery taken us all they way to the 10 yard line and then we come out without a touchdown this season.

HoustonClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
I get so frustrated at times with lack of calls. PI in the end zone twice. Silence by the officials standing right in front of it. It just some times feels like they absolutely will not allow us to succeed.

"t just some times feels like they absolutely will not allow us to succeed."

THIS is what burns me. To those paying attention, this comment is painfully real, but to the conference, and to the rest of the college football world, it's just Iowa State getting beat in a game they should have lost. At best, we'll get another apology form letter from the "teams that are not supposed to win" file.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldCard

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
Give it to one of the best running backs in the country!!! Love the seniors, terrible call to not give Montgomery the ball. Hate to see them lose playing their ass off.

19clone91

Nov 21, 2013
Denver, CO

No matter what they ruled, the refs were screwed. That is just one of those crazy plays that doesnt follow any of the rules technically. Whatever they called on the field would stand and I would argue that the defensive player had more possession than Murdock throughout the entirety of the "catch" . And it doesn't help that the defender got to the ball first.

Im sure the refs were hoping deep down that they could somehow call thatn an incomplete pass but it never hit the ground.