An Invitation to Tailgate in Morgantown

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
I hope to see a lot of Cyclones in Morgantown this weekend. My wife and I tailgate in the Blue Lot (right next to the stadium) and we really enjoy hosting opposing fans. It's great to make new friends, talk football and (seems like too often lately) commiserate. We had a couple dozen Okie Lite Cowboys hang out with us before the game this past Saturday and we all had a good time.

So I hereby invite any and all Cyclones to join us Saturday for some good food, cold beer and some traditional clear Appalachian adult beverage. (We only bring the real stuff. None of that drivel from the liquor store.) Thankful for the 3:30 PM kickoff this weekend. We’ve been stuck with noon kicks for every single home game so far this season. But the weather report doesn’t look good (AGAIN!) so dress for rain.

You can join our tradition, The Shine Circle, where we form a big circle, Mountaineers and guests together arm in arm, sing Country Roads and pass the shine around. We'd be impressed if you'd sing your fight song for us. We'll do the Shine Circle about an hour before kick-off.

To find us, start at the 3 flag poles in front of Ruby Hospital. If you stand with your back to the flag poles, walk in a straight line towards the closest gate of the stadium. That is the North Gate. A third of the way there you will cross an access road that splits the Blue Lot. We try to park in the end space on the stadium side of the access road. If we miss out on that spot, we should be right around there somewhere. White Mercedes SUV. Ask anyone around for John and Crystal from South Carolina. (<--- been living in SC for 35 years but still have season tix. You could say we are Mountaineer fans.)

Come see us!
I appreciate the hospitality. I'll be with a group of five and be the only ISU fan. Might have to stop by.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
No sir. Those are taken in the Light Blue lot on the east side of the stadium. We tailgate right in front of the hospital in the Blue lot. See my original post for directions.

I read it wrong, then. Apparently shine circles and fight songs on command are a thing at WVU!

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Are either of these your tailgates?
20131130_131832_zps59616431_medium.jpg
My mind goes strange places. Anyone else notice that the Kybos are in WVU colors? :D

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
No sir. Those are taken in the Light Blue lot on the east side of the stadium. We tailgate right in front of the hospital in the Blue lot. See my original post for directions.
We are flying in to Pittsburgh and driving down to Morgantown with a late afternoon arrival on Friday. Any recommendations for a place to eat for an ISU fan? We are staying after the game, any places of interest that need to be on our agenda as a "must see" when visiting the area?

sunedogsc

Nov 24, 2015
We are flying in to Pittsburgh and driving down to Morgantown with a late afternoon arrival on Friday. Any recommendations for a place to eat for an ISU fan? We are staying after the game, any places of interest that need to be on our agenda as a "must see" when visiting the area?

I suggest Kegler's Sports Bar for supper Friday night. The food is good and the wait staff is nice to look at. http://keglerssportsbar.com/ I also suggest Mario's Fishbowl for an unforgettable (in a good way) experience. There's no place like it. Their food is good, too.

Saturday night, High St is where all the kids hang.

The weather is expected to be crappy, but if you have time, I still highly recommend Cooper's Rock Sunday morning. See my links to Mario's and Cooper's Rock in an earlier post on this thread.

Edited to add this link I just found on Kegler's wait staff. http://keglerssportsbar.com/keglers-girls/

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

WVU19

Nov 2, 2017
Iowa State fans- wanted to welcome any and all of you that are coming to town. We made the trip out to Ames last year and honestly it was my favorite trip so far. Not sure if they're on here, but S/o to the 1800 tailgate folks, the folks that fed us and played Country Roads for us (and left us some beer after the game) and the guys with the bus that had the massive Iowa State turf logo in front of it. We had a blast.

I think we have fairly similar fan bases and we had a great time out there. Hope you're treated the same way in Morgantown. Come drink some moonshine, eat some good food, and watch some (hopefully) good football.

fenton06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2011
Ankeny, IA
I suggest Kegler's Sports Bar for supper Friday night. The food is good and the wait staff is nice to look at. http://keglerssportsbar.com/ I also suggest Mario's Fishbowl for an unforgettable (in a good way) experience. There's no place like it. Their food is good, too.

Saturday night, High St is where all the kids hang.

The weather is expected to be crappy, but if you have time, I still highly recommend Cooper's Rock Sunday morning. See my links to Mario's and Cooper's Rock in an earlier post on this thread.

Edited to add this link I just found on Kegler's wait staff. http://keglerssportsbar.com/keglers-girls/

A GENTLEMAN AND A SCHOLAR

alars

Dec 9, 2011
Chicago
My friend and I will be in Morgantown tonight! Looking forward to check out the bar scene and tailgate tomorrow!

Any recommendations are appreciated! We'll try to wander find other ISU fans and hopefully meet some good WVU fans!

CycoCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2009
Urbandale
More of a theme song than a fight song. You've probably heard after a victory, the team comes over to the student section and everyone in the stadium sings it together.

We start the Shine Circle with another favorite -- Sweet Caroline -- with the mandatory refrain Eat $hit Pitt! Watch this clip from Gameday in Morgantown in 2014. The hosts loved it. Still cracks me up.

As a token of good will, we should add this to our Sweet Caroline