Massachusetts
Hmm, toughie...

I'm thinking I might go with

images

CaseyJones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2008
Yup, there's very little chance that a team with two losses will ever appear in the top four and have a chance for that National Championship. But I do want to make sure the bases are covered.

Hoks play Ohio State this coming weekend. Seeing them (Ohio State) with two losses would be nice.
The week after, the Hoks play undefeated Wisconsin: If anyone can tag Wisconsin with a loss, I will cheer for them.

Yes, too many other complexities keeping the Cyclones from top 4 consideration (including Notre Dame, let alone our own upcoming games). Still, it may help our cause to have the Hoks win two important games.
Never ever want Iowa to win, in any sport. Same for Nebraska. Cheer against both of them when they play each other. Never want Nebraska back in the Big 12.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

Jeffrey Scott

Sep 28, 2017
C'mon people. Hawk fans tell me they always cheer for ISU unless we are playing Iowa, so why can't we be gracious and cheer for the Hawks whenever they play someone else?

I try, I really try, but once I see that black and gold on the screen I can't help myself and cheer for whoever they are playing.

Reactions: Cy4Lifer

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
Please post your address so I can come over an knock some sense into you.

F Iowa. I hope OSU beats them by 50.
Plus, we (Wisconsin) are going to get beat by Ohio State in the Big 10 title game, so there's no point in rooting for Iowa to beat us. And if you want us to lose before then, at least root for Indiana or Michigan, not the ******* Hawks

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
Yup, there's very little chance that a team with two losses will ever appear in the top four and have a chance for that National Championship. But I do want to make sure the bases are covered.

Hoks play Ohio State this coming weekend. Seeing them (Ohio State) with two losses would be nice.
The week after, the Hoks play undefeated Wisconsin: If anyone can tag Wisconsin with a loss, I will cheer for them.

Yes, too many other complexities keeping the Cyclones from top 4 consideration (including Notre Dame, let alone our own upcoming games). Still, it may help our cause to have the Hoks win two important games.
giphy.gif

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Hawk fans tell me they always cheer for ISU unless we are playing Iowa

That is a tired, backhanded compliment. Disrespectful even. A true rival wishes no good fortune upon their sworn enemy. Do you think Auburn fans EVER root for Alabama? Do Buckeyes ever cheer for Wolverines? Are 'Noles fans enjoying Miami's return to prominence?

The answer is hell no. Never. **** that. Go Buckeyes. Please hang 70 on the Ferentz asshats and their fickle bandwagon fans. May the scoreboard read 35-0 by the end of the 1st quarter so the Buckeyes can wave to the children with sincerity in their hearts and a smile on their faces.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I'd go to dinner at Arby's with Kirk Herbstreit before I'd root for Iowa.

There's a lot of football to be played yet, but if ISU were to somehow win out I'd take 11-2 and their SOS to stand on their own merit.