Next ISU President: Wendy Wintersteen

247cy

Nov 14, 2006
Spring Hill, KS
I invoke message board protocol #7 and will assume that until Wendy Wintersteen creates a CF account* and unequivocally demonstrates otherwise**, that her presidency is of the puppet variety under the direct control of the true and rightful Iowa State University President: Joel Lanning.

* Protocol 7, article 9: Account must be 'verified' by submitting no less than three (3) undeniable pieces of evidence that the account and the person are one and the same

** Protocol 7, article 27: Proof agreed upon by esteemed CF colleagues, requiring review for validation by those CF members with tenure of less than 10 years time.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Not in my book. She's in the middle of all the corporate ag "scandals" over the past several years, and will cement ISU as completely a corporate ag school (if it wasn't already). Might as well rename the Ag School for Monsanto.

How much would we get for the naming rights?

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
She and her husband have had WBB season tickets for quite some time. She wasn't able to attend every game, but neither was I.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I hope she does a good job. In all seriousness having an Ag background I think is a big plus IMO because of the state we live in. Corporate farming is the #1 driver of the economy in this state. We don't know how she felt about the sustainable Ag department or her ability to save it.

I read the article, and I think there is a lot of unfair stuff and unfair characterizations there. I built grain bins for a long time in the mid 2000s. I built them for huge corporate farms and guys that have family farms. Everybody was invested in preserving their land and getting the maximum productivity out of it. Everybody cared deeply about the land and had long term goals and visions for it. The implication that corporate entities just want to churn the ground into the the Dothraki sea is just dumb.

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
College of Ag make huge gains under her supervision and she knows Ames and Iowa State. I would think she wants Iowa State to succeed and will work with JP to make sure that happens. Success on the field will build our brand for what’s coming when the TV deals expire.
Then the next thing we know what's his face will announce "she's gone"

psyclone51

Nov 6, 2011
She’s an in-house known commodity. There shouldn’t be any surprises with this hire. It’s better to go with the evil you know rather than the evil you don’t know.

I will say she’s made some odd decisions that have adversely effected the ag college while pandering to big business. But time will tell.
Like what? What decision did she make that pandered to big business? Fabricated misinformation. Her record as Dean is outstanding

psyclone51

Nov 6, 2011
Pretty cool that she's been an Iowa Stater for almost 40 years- starting out in extension and rising all the way to president of the university.

Didn't know she was considered an enemy of sustainable ag. That is interesting.
She's not an "enemy" of sustainable ag. That is pure fabrication. Take a look at the changes in the research profile of the College during her term as Dean and you will see that she is hugely supportive of research and extension on the environment and sustainable ag.

• Agree
Reactions: Ms3r4ISU and HGoat