That TCU Frog Horn

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Are we allowing them to bring that ******* monstrosity into the Jack on Saturday?

horn_stadium.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: SoapyCy

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Based on the info in the story, I doubt if they take it anywhere. Weighs a ton & a half, and is prone to breakdowns. But the story behind it IS kind of funny.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Based on the info in the story, I doubt if they take it anywhere. Weighs a ton & a half, and is prone to breakdowns. But the story behind it IS kind of funny.

Sounds like they try to take it to bowl games if allowed and that crappy bowl in Houston allowed it.

frogfan

Oct 23, 2017
On that note, they allowed it at the Peach Bowl in Atlanta, and it was situated in a corner of the stadium right in the middle of the Ole Miss Section....in a game where we won 42-3. I had a friend who was on the Rangers (the crew that is responsible for blowing it), and there were some very unhappy Ole Miss fans every time we scored.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Are we allowing them to bring that ******* monstrosity into the Jack on Saturday?

horn_stadium.jpg

Do you think the students could roll that thing all the way to Lake Lavergne if we win?

I think it's pretty cool looking myself.

• Funny
Reactions: GTO

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
When we went to the insight.com bowl in Phoenix, TCU had that frog horn there. Could be that TCU was playing in the Fiesta Bowl that year against Notre Dame. I remember the TCU band students had it with them, and were enjoying the festivities.