Crowd For Saturday

HobbitNation

Aug 28, 2012
You are a farmer that has 70% of your crop in the field and won't get in the field today or tomorrow because it just rained. Crop prices are crap, and you are looking at a lean year and the weatherman has mentioned snow.

I can understand that guy not making the game

This is exactly why my father and I won't make the game. We have usually taken homecoming Saturday off to go. This year it just doesn't work due to the late start and shiza conditions. What we did do though is gave our season tickets to my sister and her boyfriend and friends like we do for every home game we can't make. So there will be butts in those seats.

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey

every_yard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2006
As of 6pm tonight, 7274 tickets remain through the ticket office. 1108 Lower and 6616 Upper. Assuming all junior Cyclones hillside tickets are sold, we're looking at minimum 54200 right now.

Is there somewhere to see number of tickets available through the ticket office? I'v tried to look at Ticketmaster, but always see 100+ for sections with more than 100 available.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Find me three tickets and a paved lot parking pass for a total of $100 and I will very much consider making the three hour drive there, rather than watching it on my 70 inch TV, I swear to gawd!

You can get $35 tix from the AD and if you are willing to park in the grass lots for another $20 - you can get in for just over your $100 amount.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
JP just said they sold 1,000 more this afternoon, up to 54,000. Do tickets sold equal butts in seats? Making progress though. Hopefully they can sell a couple more thousand before the week is over and then another 1,000 or so for walk up. I think a crowd of 57,000 would be great. Lets just hope tickets sold equal butts in seats.

Cydwinder

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 9, 2010
London, UK
JP just said they sold 1,000 more this afternoon, up to 54,000. Do tickets sold equal butts in seats? Making progress though. Hopefully they can sell a couple more thousand before the week is over and then another 1,000 or so for walk up. I think a crowd of 57,000 would be great. Lets just hope tickets sold equal butts in seats.
I just hope there aren't any noticeably empty sections in the stadium. If the top 2-3 rows are empty and there are empty seats here and there, I won't mind. I just want it to look good on TV and show we actually support our team.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
The poster said he knows vocal fans that have never been to a game. Maybe they’ve bought tickets and gave them away, or maybe they just donate, and if so that’s a different case. But not all fans are good fans, and the worst are those that are critical yet don’t support the program. Don’t be so insecure. I assume many, if not most, on CF are better fans than me.

In what way am I insecure exactly? Because I don't agree with the statement?

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
OMG! This thread is sickening. Some of you need to relax.
1st Its Monday, to those crying about not selling out, etc. CHILL, there are a couple of you that are broken records about that. Will we sell out, hopefully, is there plenty of time for that to happen, YES calm down. Stop b@@ching about it now, you can do that afterwords if it actually doesn't sell out.
2nd Yes some people have other engagements, don't fault them for that. It is what it is...but hopefully those fans will do whatever is necessary if they have tickets to get them in the hands of someone who will go.
3rd Same goes for those that don't want to go because of the cold, get your tickets in the hands of those that will go. Everyone is different.
4th I think we can all assume that because of Iowa State's legendary Tailgating some of the reason tickets sold don't always = butts in the seats is because some fans are partying in the parking lots. Is that bad? Don't know. But again it is what it is.
5th Instead of complaining about it get out and promote it, get your friends and family to go do what you can. But give the complaining a rest until we see the outcome. Again Its only Monday.
6th I Just bought my tickets, through the Iowa State website too. 53,002 sold now. So I've done my part, myself and my daughter (future Cyclone) will be there and YELLING LIKE HELL.

Now Friday rolls around we can see how many tickets are left and see if all this complaining was worth it. Otherwise come on give it a rest.

• Winner
Reactions: tazclone

clone136

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2006
Des Moines
i bought these early in the year as a game I can take my four year old to for her first game with no pressure of it being a big game, well that has changed.

Good thing she is crazy bout the Cyclones and yells at the tv with me, looking forward to making some memories this weekend for her first game in Jack Trice.

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
Find me three tickets and a paved lot parking pass for a total of $100 and I will very much consider making the three hour drive there, rather than watching it on my 70 inch TV, I swear to gawd!

Looking for a giveaway? Why would you expect that . . . or, that's a 'good' excuse not to make the game in person, you're letting yourself off the hook by requiring something for nothing (or, not much). Some fan.

• Agree
Reactions: Clones1414

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
tickets for $30 each on cyclones website. Grass parking only $20, which is closer than half the paved lots anyway, unless you are afraid of grass. Could all be yours for $110, if you can handle the extra $10.

• Winner
Reactions: CloneinWDSM

19clone91

Nov 21, 2013
Denver, CO
What I dont understand is how we can sell out all of those games in the Rhoads era when we they were putting out a terrible product on the field. This team is actually really good and really fun to watch. I would buy a ticket just to watch David Montgomery make fools of people.

Sadly, the people we all need to convince to buy tickets are not on Fanatic. Most people on here are die hards and will already be there if they can make it. Its all of our casual ISU neighbor and friend fans that we need to get in the stands.

FredCyclone

Sep 30, 2017
I think the cyclone crowd at the stadium needs to remain silent when we are on offense. Make the noise when we are on defense, to throw of their offense. Does anyone have the connections to make this happen, maybe an announcement before the game or send out an email to ticket holders.

• Funny
Reactions: ExCyment and wxman1

Help Support Us

Become a patron