Gold rally towels for TCU game

ISpyCy

Sep 17, 2011
Harlan, IA/Lincoln, NE
I would think if the Athletic Department wanted to do something for the game (Gold out, C/G every other section or something like that) they would come out early in the week and say it.

Would be great to get something going. Hype it up a bit more.
Maybe they are waiting for a game that, on paper, would be a win for the good guys. Just don't make the same mistake OU made.

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
This:

1100857503_HsieM-XL-1.jpg

Looks fugly. No.

Personally, I think it looks good, but we all have different tastes. It would look better with the red facemask IMO. I was not a fan of the all gold look we had against Toledo.

audiokiwi

Nov 11, 2013
Ames
Yeah good point. I suppose something like this needs to be done in September.

I was in school, we couldn't even get 90% of the crowd to all wear cardinal on "Color it cardinal" saturdays or gold for the "Gold Rules" game (which was KU every year when I was in school). It was printed on the ticket and on the posters and schedules and magnets...

• Winner
Reactions: everyyard

Sighclone44

Aug 18, 2012
I would think if the Athletic Department wanted to do something for the game (Gold out, C/G every other section or something like that) they would come out early in the week and say it.

Would be great to get something going. Hype it up a bit more.
you would definitely think this would be the strategy however in 2011 when we did the gold towels my wife was an intern I nearly got her removed from the program for leaking gold towel night evidently the athletic department said they wanted it to be a big secret why the heckwould you want something like that to be a secret

• Agree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC
D

Deleted member 8507

All I have is a cardinal "Twister Towel." Should I just keep it in the box?
I have a couple of those. Also, a red Big 8 handkerchief from mid 80's (think it was a BB game).

Cyclonic1

Aug 7, 2012
Sun City, AZ
Still have a good rally towel handed out before a Mac era game

ISU lost

This is a bad idea
I have a gold one from the Okie lite game in 2011 (bought an extra from a fellow CF'er)
WE WON
This is a Great idea - and someone please grab an extra and I will gladly buy it!

prosey18

Aug 7, 2017
I feel a correlation from towels to pom-poms. Especially if ours are yellow. We are not Iowa

ComCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2016
I'm probably the only one hoping for g/g/g.

LET'S GO.

Reactions: GTO

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron