Next ISU President: Wendy Wintersteen

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
Not in my book. She's in the middle of all the corporate ag "scandals" over the past several years, and will cement ISU as completely a corporate ag school (if it wasn't already). Might as well rename the Ag School for Monsanto.

Lol The Ag world is nothing but corporate now. What’s she supposed to do? Not take their money?

Freebird

Apr 11, 2006
Not the best hire in my opinion but could have been worse. Thank god it didn’t go like the Iowa search. Worst of the four candidates but again I’m not up in arms about it. It will be fine.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Time will tell and what I comment is simply my personal experience and thoughts.

-Wendy has come up through extension and knows what it means to be a land grant school.

-Most of my interactions recently with her have been at ISU sporting events. She gets the front door concept, but must of course take care of the base concepts.

-A few years ago, my son was in China on an ISU scholarship for research and he went missing. Wendy and her other half tracked him down in a medical facility over the weekend.

Summary:
A great choice and give her a chance!
D
Well, hopefully she hits it off with JP and Co.

The extension is also a front door to an aspect of the university. I’m a t-shirt ISU fan, but it always pisses me off how many people in Ag rely on ISU (extension) yet root for Iowa, and therefore Iowa gets a ton of Ag driven donations and sponsorship.

KennyPratt42

The Legend
Jan 13, 2017
She was the most different of the four candidates so she is bound to be people's first or fourth choice.

All I know in my limited interactions is that she is savvy and will work like hell for Iowa State.

aauummm

March is National Celery Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
What's her attitude towards the Athletic Department and will she encourage and prod Jamie when he gets out the check book for Matt Campbell?

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
Well he was just tweeting a letter from Art Cullen, but I'm sure you despise him too. When in doubt attack the messenger.

Sure that's it. I don't know Art Cullen but clearly because corporations donate to the University then the University only looks out for their interests. Pretty sad to see people buy that line of thinking.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm and NWICY

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Well he was just tweeting a letter from Art Cullen, but I'm sure you despise him too. When in doubt attack the messenger.
I don't despise Art. I know Art. But his biases are well known--and boy does he have them. And I don't even say that because I entirely disagree with the quote. Had you even heard his name before he won the Pulitzer?

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I don't despise Art. I know Art. But his biases are well known--and boy does he have them. And I don't even say that because I entirely disagree with the quote. Had you even heard his name before he won the Pulitzer?

Well, yes, I've met him before, but I'm tangentially fairly well connected in the sustainable ag circles.

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm