All Iowa Football Team

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
ISU is off to a historic start and Iowa's SOS isnt being dragged down in the 40's or 50's. See the correlation?

1 game isn't going to drag it down that much. Maybe it's that you've also played PS and MS this year so far and still have to play Ohio State? Iowa hasn't had those 3 on the schedule in the same year since 2010.

Iowa's SOS probably has a lot to do with a top heavy conference where they rarely play all of the good teams, and adding weak schools into the conference.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
Is that your excuse for losing to a garbage team like NW?
I've seen what a Super Bowl game looks like, and it was Iowa playing against us. I've never seen a team go so far out of their comfort zone to win a game. And now they are in their shell losing to horrible teams.
Iowa State bounced back and is in the hunt for a conference championship. Iowa is heading straight to the gutter.

Northwestern 41
Tech 45
Texas 46

So ISU lost to a garbage team at Home?

Also beating a team you are favored to beat isn’t an upset. Now a 2-10 garage 2014 ISU beating Iowa, now that is a Super Bowl.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
1 game isn't going to drag it down that much. Maybe it's that you've also played PS and MS this year so far and still have to play Ohio State? Iowa hasn't had those 3 on the schedule in the same year since 2010.

Iowa's SOS probably has a lot to do with a top heavy conference where they rarely play all of the good teams, and adding weak schools into the conference.

I think ISU SOS dropped like 20 some points when you played Kansas. That is what Happened to Iowa when they played ISU in the past.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Northwestern 41
Tech 45
Texas 46

So ISU lost to a garbage team at Home?

Also beating a team you are favored to beat isn’t an upset. Now a 2-10 garage 2014 ISU beating Iowa, now that is a Super Bowl.

Massey says ISU is better than Iowa correct?

• Winner
Reactions: GTO

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
Massey says ISU is better than Iowa correct?

Exceptions to every rule. Weak SOS for ISU and lost head to head. Iowa > ISU currenrtly. If ISU beats TCU there will be enough separation in the Massey Rankings that no exceptions will be applicable.

Hopefully ISU can beat TCU, I’m thinking of going to the game.

• Useful

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Exceptions to every rule. Weak SOS for ISU and lost head to head. Iowa > ISU currenrtly. If ISU beats TCU there will be enough separation in the Massey Rankings that no exceptions will be applicable.

Hopefully ISU can beat TCU, I’m thinking of going to the game.

Lol wait, let me get this straight. You trust Massey because it includes all these different metrics but now since ISU is ahead of Iowa you don't trust it?

• Agree
Reactions: StratCY and GTO

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
Lol wait, let me get this straight. You trust Massey because it includes all these different metrics but now since ISU is ahead of Iowa you don't trust it?

No, it has nothing to do with Iowa and ISU.

No worries though, next week will answer a lot. ISU beats TCU it will vault them clearly in front of Iowa.

• Funny

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
No, it has nothing to do with Iowa and ISU.

No worries though, next week will answer a lot. ISU beats TCU it will vault them clearly in front of Iowa.

Then why have you gone by Massey ratings consistently all season but now that ISU is ranked higher than Iowa it is now wrong?

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
Then why have you gone by Massey ratings consistently all season but now that ISU is ranked higher than Iowa it is now wrong?

I go with Massey Composite because it is the best we have. Even you agree with this, right?

I have explained every rule has an exception. Like I said we will have better answers to these questions after next Saturday, the deeper in the season the more we know.

BTW you glossed over I might be at the game. Should be a great atmosphere!

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I go with Massey Composite because it is the best we have. Even you agree with this, right?

I have explained every rule has an exception. Like I said we will have better answers to these questions after next Saturday, the deeper in the season the more we know.

BTW you glossed over I might be at the game. Should be a great atmosphere!

What is the exception where ISU shouldn't be ranked ahead of Iowa?

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
Because head to head? Should Northwestern be ahead of Iowa because they won Saturday? That's stupid and you wonder why we say it's your Super Bowl

Why do you lie like this? Is Northwestern within 5 Spots of the Massey rankings of Iowa? No they aren’t so head to head doesn’t mean anything. Just like ISU isn’t within five spots of OU or Texas, so head to head means nothing.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Why do you lie like this? Is Northwestern within 5 Spots of the Massey rankings of Iowa? No they aren’t so head to head doesn’t mean anything. Just like ISU isn’t within five spots of OU or Texas, so head to head means nothing.

OK so you're saying if you are within 5 spots of Massey head to head makes the difference instead of saying the team ranked higher is better? So Iowa State beat a team on the road that is better than Ohio State. That is incredibly impressive!

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
OK so you're saying if you are within 5 spots of Massey head to head makes the difference instead of saying the team ranked higher is better? So Iowa State beat a team on the road that is better than Ohio State. That is incredibly impressive!
Let me break it down for you:
angif-move-the-goalposts-def.gif

• Winner
Reactions: GTO and CyTwins