Hello from Fort Worth!

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Was pretty cool to see Patterson after the KU game in his interview say he's been saying prior to the start of the year that ISU was going to be good.
Definitely one of the class and best coaches in the country.

frogfan

Oct 23, 2017
I am beyond nervous for this game...In Ames...Halloween weekend...High of 45....I guess it's time to sit back and try to enjoy what should be an exciting football game. Super glad to see Iowa State get to where they have. I hope they win every game after this weekend.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Didn't KU-TCU use continuous clock about the last ten minutes of the game?

What is this, high school?

frogfan

Oct 23, 2017
Didn't KU-TCU use continuous clock about the last ten minutes of the game?

What is this, high school?
There was severe weather approaching, it was the 4th quarter at about 9:30 pm and the Frogs were up by 43. The decision was made by the coaches to run the clock so the players and fans could make it out before lightning struck. As a fan who was in the stands and that never leaves until the final bell, I can say it was a great idea.

whitehispanicfrog

Oct 23, 2017
Fort Worth

free-its-a-trap-gif-788.gif

Reactions: SerenityNow

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
There was severe weather approaching, it was the 4th quarter at about 9:30 pm and the Frogs were up by 43. The decision was made by the coaches to run the clock so the players and fans could make it out before lightning struck. As a fan who was in the stands and that never leaves until the final bell, I can say it was a great idea.

Makes complete sense.

• Agree
Reactions: whitehispanicfrog

whitehispanicfrog

Oct 23, 2017
Fort Worth
Was pretty cool to see Patterson after the KU game in his interview say he's been saying prior to the start of the year that ISU was going to be good.
Definitely one of the class and best coaches in the country.

I'm kind of guessing here, having been an ISU football fan since 1976. It might be something none of us is used to seeing flung our way. Could it be...???

SpicyAltruisticCanary-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
TCU seems like a good team...but are they elite? 36 points allowed to SMU? Only beat WVU ny a TD at home? 2 shut outs are impressive, but come against hapless opponents. Wins v.s. OK State and Arkansas looked good. Only beat KState by 20 with their backup QB in...Idk. I hate to say overhyped and overrated, since they're the Big 12's last chance at playoffs, but i'm not buying them as top 5, even top 10 in the nation. That said, very winnable game for the good guys.