Crowd For Saturday

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
The AD is selling get in the stadium tickets for a little over $35 a piece. We definitely don't have the "too expensive" excuse going this week.

Upper end zone tickets have always been $30. R and K are selling and some of the better $65 areas but still a lot available. Saturday at 2:30 versus Thursday night and more expensive should help a lot.

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
I don’t disagree, and it will take time to get people like that back. I was one under CPR, and I fully admit to being lame in those instances.
Again, I will most likely miss the first qtr Saturday and depending on parking may miss more but I still remember the Utah game. iSu was 3-2 and just pounded TT 52-38 and were coming off a bowl season. In came Utah for a nationally televised game against the #10 ranked team.

I don't blame anyone after that game

• Agree
Reactions: Judoka

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
The poster said he knows vocal fans that have never been to a game. Maybe they’ve bought tickets and gave them away, or maybe they just donate, and if so that’s a different case. But not all fans are good fans, and the worst are those that are critical yet don’t support the program. Don’t be so insecure. I assume many, if not most, on CF are better fans than me.
Maybe they don't have the financial means to attend a game. Ever think about that? Fans can do everything they can and still not be able to afford attending games.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
  1. there are never a lot of opposing fans because of the lack of publically sold tickets.
  2. Some people actually buy season tickets for the sole purpose of only attending those two games, selling their tickets and coming out even. This has been happening for decades with Nebraska and years we play UNI/iowa.
  3. Stadium expansion was as much about being a Big 12 team/stadium and belonging in a P5 as it was about selling seats.
iSu finished 6th in the Big 12 last year in average attendance with 3 freaking wins and a loss to an FCS team. Beating KSU, only 1000 behind OSU and withing 5,000 of WV, TT. It is crazy to say if we don't fill the stadium Saturday we don't deserve Campbell, are bad fans, etc.

All that is great but if we cannot sell 60,000 tickets to a game against the #4 team for the top spot in the Big 12 conference, when can we? With all of the losing this program has done, I'd think the fans would jump up and down for a chance to attend that game. Instead, we've sold the "normal" amount of tickets.

As for your bolded, I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying it will be embarrassing if we can't fill our stadium for this kind of game. And that our stadium is too big if we can't. Because this is a fan's dream game and why we are fans.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I agree. I think it goes back to the discussion about changing the culture around the program. Obviously the players have bought in all the way, but they don't carry the baggage that most fans do. Like David Montgomery doesn't care about Troy Davis getting screwed out of the Heisman or whether or not Seneca was in (he was). KCM couldn't care less about the OU massacre or missed FGs that would have won a Big 12 North title.

I suspect there's a pretty good chunk of the fanbase still waiting for the other shoe to drop. They've just seen too much. They'll come around, but it'll take a little time.

My wife and I both made a joke that we might lose the OU game on the final kneel play.

We're in our early 30's and weren't 100% joking. :confused:

CRCy

Sep 13, 2016
All that is great but if we cannot sell 60,000 tickets to a game against the #4 team for the top spot in the Big 12 conference, when can we? With all of the losing this program has done, I'd think the fans would jump up and down for a chance to attend that game. Instead, we've sold the "normal" amount of tickets.

As for your bolded, I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying it will be embarrassing if we can't fill our stadium for this kind of game. And that our stadium is too big if we can't. Because this is a fan's dream game and why we are fans.

This. I get that some people have other commitments, but there sure as hell enough ISU fans without a commitment that can afford a ticket to the game.

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
I honestly have no clue how parents with sports aged kids even make a game. I was able to hit UNI because it was before all the fall leagues started and we had no travel tourneys that weekend. I can't even watch the games live anymore let along drive to Ames. Doesn't make me a bad fan, makes me a good dad/coach.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
When all this discussion was going on about the Texas game, didn't a bunch of available tickets go away a few days ahead of time due to the mobile pass tickets?

• Friendly
Reactions: TLBCLONE

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006

You see iSu fans have seen opportunities to see the"fans dream" for decades. We have heard "turning point game" time and time and time again.

Just this season, people were talking about the Texas game being a turning point game...lost.

Sure we haven't seen #25 vs #4 but iSu fans have seen division championship games, almost beat OU/Nebraska/Texas games beating KSU by 21 points at half only to lose. #10 Utah kicking our ass.

I don't fault farmers that are taking out their livelihood, employees of businesses who support those farmers for missing the game. I don't fault the guy that 14 years ago (2003) after watching his Cyclones go 2-10 after Seneca left ask himself...why did I give up Pheasant hunting for this crap. Then he started inviting friends and family from all over the country and state to come every year and they hunt, drink beer and watch games on TV. I don't fault them for not ditching their weekend for what could be.

I don't fault those that have put their kids ahead of getting their hearts ripped out.

You add those together and that is more than a small percentage.

Again, I will be there, late but there but damn...I don't know how anyone can fault iSu fans for not showing up.

We are simply the most resilient fanbase in the country. No other team in the country has seen as little success and yet come a=out and support the team.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Also if you are looking to buy tickets they are cheaper through ISU (and help the sales numbers) than Stub Hub. Stub Hub has a few cheaper tickets in W,B,C,D ~$45 versus $65 through ISU. All of the other seats are more expensive.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
When all this discussion was going on about the Texas game, didn't a bunch of available tickets go away a few days ahead of time due to the mobile pass tickets?

You know, that would make a lot of sense. It would allow for dynamic seating and maximizing profits but taking advantage of demand for a game like this. Probably also means those are good value passes.

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
We aren't 80% of college football. 80% of college football wouldn't give a damn about their football team with the history that we've had.
80% of college football doesn't sell out their stadium even with success. iowa vs Penn St wasn't an anomaly. College football attendance is down....EVERYWHERE!.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Maybe they don't have the financial means to attend a game. Ever think about that? Fans can do everything they can and still not be able to afford attending games.
While you’re at it, how about those people that are barely eating and the one thing that satisfies their hunger pains is watching the game through the window of a sportsbar whilst the more affluent toss away food. That’s unfortunate, but no one is talking about them.

If you’ve followed along, the discussion was about people that have chosen to spend resources on other forms of entertainment. That’s perfectly fine, by the way. I don’t spend money or time on other teams, as I’m not a big enough fan of those teams and would rather do other things. But I’m also not going to claim I’m as big of fan as those spending their money and time on those programs.

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006

Rememeber the last "dream game" 2002- #11 iSu with Heisman candidate Seneca Wallace playing #2 Oklahoma....

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
80% of college football doesn't sell out their stadium even with success. iowa vs Penn St wasn't an anomaly. College football attendance is down....EVERYWHERE!.

There were 110,000+ plus people at Penn State this weekend.

All I'm asking for is that more than the average # of fans show up to the biggest game at JTS in 10+ years. How is that unreasonable? If the fanbase won't show up for this one, which Big 12 game WILL they show up for?

And, again, I'm not calling out any one particular fan for not going. We all have a life with other interests and responsibilities. But the fanbase as a whole should sell this game out. And if we can't, our stadium is too big.

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
While you’re at it, how about those people that are barely eating and the one thing that satisfies their hunger pains is watching the game through the window of a sportsbar whilst the more affluent toss away food. That’s unfortunate, but no one is talking about them.

If you’ve followed along, the discussion was about people that have chosen to spend resources on other forms of entertainment.
If they go pheasant hunting they can combine spending $$$ and getting food:D

every_yard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2006

Yes, but the difference here is Pollard announced how many tickets have been sold so far. His number (53k) would include the mobile passes.