Maybe I should go to Mass before doing ranking ...

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
1. TCU
2. Oklahoma
3. Oklahoma State
4. West Virginia
5. Iowa State
6. Texas
7. Texas Tech
8. Kansas State
9. Baylor
10. Kansas

This is what I would have right now as well.

Some want to put OU/OSU/TCU in a top tier, but I'm hesitant to do that until I see a few more match-ups play out. I'm not sold on the big talent gap this year just yet. Every team has exploitable flaws from what I've seen. TCU looks the most solid, so I'm curious to see how we fare against them.

Reactions: cyclones500

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Don't disagree with the logic, just surprised anyone thinks it's close right now.

By the same logic, we should be ahead of Oklahoma. As it stands right now, we are tied for 2nd by the only rankings that matter. And nice backhanded slap by the OP. "TCU until beaten in postseason" Such a troll.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
KU is rudderless. Just hot garbage. Not sure they'll score another point this season. You guys realize they played with a running clock in the second half of the TCU game, right? BU has two things KU doesn't, good coaching and some talent.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
KU is rudderless. Just hot garbage. Not sure they'll score another point this season. You guys realize they played with a running clock in the second half of the TCU game, right? BU has two things KU doesn't, good coaching and some talent.

I think they ended up with <50 yards of offense. That's a whole new level of IDGAF.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Don't disagree with the logic, just surprised anyone thinks it's close right now.

Texas beat us, and is 2-2 in conference with loses coming by 5 to the #12 team in the nation, and 3 in OT by the #10 team in the nation. They also lost to the #4 team in the nation by 3 in OT. They also held one of the best offenses in the Country to 10 points in regulation. 2 of our 3 conference wins have come against what will likely be the 8th and 10th place teams in the conference. Texas is a good team, and should be ahead of ISU, mainly because they beat them head to head. However, the two teams are close.

For the record, Id go...

1. TCU
  2. WSU
  3. OU
  4. WVU
  5. UT
  6. ISU
  7. KSU
  8. TT
  9. BU
  10. KU

Last edited:

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Texas beat us, and is 2-2 in conference with loses coming by 5 to the #12 team in the nation, and 3 in OT by the #10 team in the nation. They also lost to the #4 team in the nation by 3 in OT. They also held one of the best offenses in the Country to 10 points in regulation. 2 of our 3 conference wins have come against what will likely be the 8th and 10th place teams in the conference. Texas is a good team, and should be ahead of ISU, mainly because they beat them head to head. However, the two teams are close.

I don't know that pointing out a bunch of losses is going to convince me, it's at least going to take a better argument than "they lost to a lot of teams by a little bit". The USC game looks less impressive every week, and looking at who they've beaten ISU is easily their best win.

They're coming around and could definitely end up with the better season but right now ISU clearly has the better resume.