Talen Horton-Tucker cuts list to 3 (ISU is on it)

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Illinisavant

Oct 23, 2017
Just a different perspective from a "desperate" Illinois fan...

This kid would be a great pick up but for the majority of his recruitment, he really has not given Illinois the time of day. It is well known that he does not want to play with Ayo Dosunmu who just committed to Illinois last week. Once upon a time, they played on the same AAU team and it didn't go well for either of them. In fact, he stopped following Ayo on his twitter after his Illinois OV. Hahaha

I frankly don't see him coming to Illinois under any circumstances. He's a Simeon kid, a school UI has had a very close connection with for a long time. That, imo, is the only reason Illinois is listed in his final three -- nominal respect for that relationship -- nothing more.

Mack is a great coach but I think THT is ISU all the way. Congrats. He's a good one. Prohm is doing good work for you guys.

I love to watch you guys beat Iowa. Please continue.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

This kid would be a great pick up but for the majority of his recruitment, he really has not given Illinois the time of day. It is well known that he does not want to play with Ayo Dosunmu who just committed to Illinois last week. Once upon a time, they played on the same AAU team and it didn't go well for either of them. In fact, he stopped following Ayo on his twitter after his Illinois OV. Hahaha

I frankly don't see him coming to Illinois under any circumstances. He's a Simeon kid, a school UI has had a very close connection with for a long time. That, imo, is the only reason Illinois is listed in his final three -- nominal respect for that relationship -- nothing more.

Mack is a great coach but I think THT is ISU all the way. Congrats. He's a good one. Prohm is doing good work for you guys.

Nice post. Hope you're right, and hope you guys rebuild and beat up on the Fighting Richie Cunningham's over in Iowa City.

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
Alex Halsted‏ @AlexHalsted 34s35 seconds ago
Talen Horton-Tucker will announce his decision this week: http://bit.ly/2gxrVpC

DM2EtmKU8AAidn6.jpg

0 replies0 retweets0 likes

Decision coming Thursday at 6:30 Central

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa

Like, he literally stopped immediately following his visit? If so, that should settle the argument of whether the two get along or not.

Gibbon

Aug 20, 2013
Ames
I think ISU is in a great position with his upcoming announcement. If we do miss on him, the silver lining would be that we will not be waiting for someone to announce in the spring. With just 1 scholarship available, we could go HARD after a top-5 transfer. Glad he is announcing.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
www.oldschoolradical.com
Like, he literally stopped immediately following his visit? If so, that should settle the argument of whether the two get along or not.

I saw a tweet somewhere that he started following Ayo (and one other Illini guy) after his visit. Hard to say, I know our guys follow or are followed by plenty of guys who never actually came here.

Illinisavant

Oct 23, 2017
Nice post. Hope you're right, and hope you guys rebuild and beat up on the Fighting Richie Cunningham's over in Iowa City.

Illinois is 13-6 against Iowa over the worst 10 year span in our program's history (including the last three in a row). We don't have to rebuild to beat Iowa.

Though to look at their message board, they are going to compete with MSU this year for the B1G championship. Hahaha

Please beat them this year. It's at Hilton right? PS Most Illini fans really wanted Conditt. I think that kid is going to be a great one. Tough miss...

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
www.oldschoolradical.com
Illinois is 13-6 against Iowa over the worst 10 year span in our program's history (including the last three in a row). We don't have to rebuild to beat Iowa.

Though to look at their message board, they are going to compete with MSU this year for the B1G championship. Hahaha

Please beat them this year. It's at Hilton right? PS Most Illini fans really wanted Conditt. I think that kid is going to be a great one. Tough miss...

Fair point, continue to do so, and maybe make them cry a bit more.

xr4ticlone

Oct 1, 2006
Texas
I want THT badly...he’s gonna be a great college player IMHO.

Next level? Who knows...but he’s a college matchup nightmare. Especially with the other talent Prohm has assembled already. A guy like that with other players that demand defensive respect...can go wild with scoring & assists.

Be a #Cyclone!

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

I like this guy

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL

I grew up an Illinois fan before coming to ISU and still root for you guys on a nominal level. Hope you do well in the future, just not on this recruitment. Thanks for stopping by and sharing some info!

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
www.oldschoolradical.com
I want THT badly...he’s gonna be a great college player IMHO.

Next level? Who knows...but he’s a college matchup nightmare. Especially with the other talent Prohm has assembled already. A guy like that with other players that demand defensive respect...can go wild with scoring & assists.

Be a #Cyclone!

Probably the #1 thing we have going for us is that we've used a player like him (unique skill set) for the last six years (Georges and Deonte) and clearly know exactly how it's done.

I should add #2 being the two other Illinois guys and a Wisconsin guy that he already knew.

Last edited:
Reactions: xr4ticlone

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
"Now That Horton-Tucker has made an official visit to all three of his finalists he will host them for in-home visits this week, and a decision has been set for Thursday at 6:30 CT at Simeon High School."

Closing time Prohm!

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
I think ISU is in a great position with his upcoming announcement. If we do miss on him, the silver lining would be that we will not be waiting for someone to announce in the spring. With just 1 scholarship available, we could go HARD after a top-5 transfer. Glad he is announcing.
Or the kid who just decommitted from Wisconsin.