Weather for TCU

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
I'm not a farmer, but if we get rain on Friday, would it then be too wet on Saturday to get out in the fields?

If we had 1” of rain yes, but if we had .2 they could all pick corn still. It should be a good week of weather so a lot should get done.

• Agree
Reactions: MNCYWX

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
People are obviously free to do what they want. They pay their money, they donate even more money, so yeah they can do what they want. But then don't complain when the team comes out really flat in the 2nd half because you need 2 more beers.

Players themselves have commented about this, so it is a problem. They don't like coming out of the locker room to a half full stadium that is quiet.

Just because they've "commented on it" doesnt mean they accurately know where the people are. It has almost nothing to do with the small number of people who go out and don't make it back in, and almost all to do with the people still on the concourses.

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
Just because they've "commented on it" doesnt mean they accurately know where the people are. It has almost nothing to do with the small number of people who go out and don't make it back in, and almost all to do with the people still on the concourses.

Imagine the concession lines if people cannot leave the stadium. We're doing the concession workers a favor by not being in line

ComCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2016
There are currently around 10,000 unsold seats...I really don't understand why. When we were awful for the last 6 years the place was always packed, especially for homecoming, now nearly the entire west upper deck outside the 40's is empty? This is possibly the biggest home game we've had in many years, there's no excuse for it not to be packed.

I dunno, might have something to do with our stadium reno of adding almost 10k seats?

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Studies have shown weather is not a factor in football games. Warm or cold.

Link? Do you mean temperature is not a factor? More specific, do you mean temperature does not provide an advantage to either team?

The statement "weather is not a factor" is absolutely false. Of course weather is a factor and teams have to game plan for it. Perhaps you could say it doesn't provide an advantage for either team but even that would depend on the match up.

NewClone09

Jan 7, 2009
Ames, IA
SHOULD BE PACKED NO EXCUSES. Glad it's a 2:30 kick. Win and my night could be an all-timer. Lose and I don't see us getting blown out. Going to need a focused effort, run game needs established. Patterson will scheme our passing game with the shorts in the flat. Turnovers could be deadly. Love the bend-don't-break D so far with the athletic and tackling ability on the edges but I have a gut feeling man D in the majority won't get it done this Saturday. D-Line playing exceptional for our standards as has been noted. I haven't forgotten to mention the fact that I own (and sport) a Cyclone nut cup and we have won three straight. Time for a good showing and losing isn't as bad when you have already exceeded expectations and more opportunities await. Think that alleviates some pressure we may otherwise have. Saturday seems like an eternity from now, going to be a long (I can't wait) week!

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ZB4CY

Chitowncy

SuperFanatic
Jan 14, 2009
Ames
I think the cold can be a factor in our favor. And a big factor. Just look at the UT game two years ago when they were slow and listless, and the Texas Tech game last year.

That said, I think it's a bigger factor if we are acclimatized to it, and they aren't. I think the body takes a little time to get used to the cold and we haven't really had much cold yet in the midwest, so I don't know if ISU will be acclimatized to it. If ISU doesn't practice outside in cold weather a couple times prior to the game, I'm not sure the cold will have much of a helpful effect.

Can't wait for this game! This is the most pumped I've been in a long time for an ISU game!

FredCyclone

Sep 30, 2017
Lot of our players are from warmer weather also. Nobody gets used to the cold weather, especially when you are getting hit. The weather is cold the whole week, hope they have some outside drills. The bigger question, is this weather going to affect the crowd turnout.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Link? Do you mean temperature is not a factor? More specific, do you mean temperature does not provide an advantage to either team?

The statement "weather is not a factor" is absolutely false. Of course weather is a factor and teams have to game plan for it. Perhaps you could say it doesn't provide an advantage for either team but even that would depend on the match up.
Right. Just because the weather advantage/disadvantaged is normally distributed doesn’t mean in a singular game it impacts each team the same. For instance, if one QB is fine but the other is bothered, then it’s an advantage. I don’t if we’ll have the advantage, but it’s unlikely to have no impact.

shawn_200m

Apr 10, 2006
Tipton, IA
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hey Cyclone fans, let&#39;s show our team &amp; coaches how much we support them Saturday. Sold 51K tix so far - still have 10K left. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/sellout?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#sellout</a></p>&mdash; Jamie Pollard (@IASTATEAD) <a href="">October 23, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
Will the cold be in our advantage, though?

Kempt has never thrown a rock hard ball with cold hands!

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
Weather forecast change:

48 deg. (up from 43), mostly sunny (mostly cloudy yesterday), zero precip (same), wind 16 mph (up 3 mph).

Seems like the last two years of the Rhoads' regime were the biggest crowds in iSu history. Why aren't we showing up en masse for CMC? (Maybe we have, except for Thursday night [UT] and rain [KU] . . . were UNI and eiu sellouts?)

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Weather forecast change:

48 deg. (up from 43), mostly sunny (mostly cloudy yesterday), zero precip (same), wind 16 mph (up 3 mph).

Seems like the last two years of the Rhoads' regime were the biggest crowds in iSu history. Why aren't we showing up en masse for CMC? (Maybe we have, except for Thursday night [UT] and rain [KU] . . . were UNI and eiu sellouts?)

NWS is holding steady at 44 with a light NW breeze. Still a long ways out.

I don't know how much normally gets sold in a week but I would imagine with 10K still left unsold we will be at least a few thousand short.

Cyclonefan89

Oct 25, 2010
Ankeny
We also have to change the mindset of leaving at halftime to go tailgating some more. This is the dumbest thing in Power 5 sports. We could have a crazy sold-out crowd, be winning against a ranked opponent at halftime, and the crowd will still only be half full at the beginning of the second half which sucks all of the momentum out of the game.
I'm guilty of this. The last game I went back in the second half for was Oklahoma State in 2011

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
I don't know how much normally gets sold in a week but I would imagine with 10K still left unsold we will be at least a few thousand short.

The hell with it. Who shows up, shows up. We'll spread out a few inches to get comfortable, and JTS will look packed. That's my prognostication, anyway, and I'm sticking to it.

Reactions: Sparkplug

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
Sorry but the harvest season crap doesn't fly with me. Our stadium holds 61,500. Iowa State student population is about 36K of which about 5K are ag students. The Des Moines population is 650K 45 minutes away.

Even if every farmer and ag industry worker in the state can't get away from the field for a game that is a far cry from explaining why Jack Trice can't be sold out for a ranked matchup on homecoming with the conference lead up for grabs.

If every Student came to the game we'd only need 25K alums to show up to fill it. That's ignoring a few thousand for the opponent.

The Jack should, and i think will be sold out.

• Agree
Reactions: isufbcurt

ComCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2016
Sorry but the harvest season crap doesn't fly with me. Our stadium holds 61,500. Iowa State student population is about 36K of which about 5K are ag students. The Des Moines population is 650K 45 minutes away.

Even if every farmer and ag industry worker in the state can't get away from the field for a game that is a far cry from explaining why Jack Trice can't be sold out for a ranked matchup on homecoming with the conference lead up for grabs.

If every Student came to the game we'd only need 25K alums to show up to fill it. That's ignoring a few thousand for the opponent.

The Jack should, and i think will be sold out.

...what all are you including in the Des Moines population? 200-300k is the 2016 Census.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron