Walking Dead

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
Sadly I think I know the gist of your really bad joke. Probably along the lines of someone playing a zombie and the serious head injury.

Hmmmm. Maybe. I would have went with the news being reported by Deadline.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I can remember counting down the weeks, then days, until the season premier. Now I’m pretty much meh.

• Agree
Reactions: SC Cy

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
I can remember counting down the weeks, then days, until the season premier. Now I’m pretty much meh.

Agreed. I don't feel a need to watch Fear either. We watch but later during the week.

I am pumped for the next season of Game of Thrones. Sadly it could be almost 2 years away. :(

bstegs

SuperFanatic
Apr 11, 2006
Champaign, IL
Agreed. I don't feel a need to watch Fear either. We watch but later during the week.

I am pumped for the next season of Game of Thrones. Sadly it could be almost 2 years away. :(

Fear at least has some compelling plotlines at this point and still can kill off original characters. The writing on TWD has been silly just feels weak.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
They should have just shot negan right there, but we have to have another season of this completely unrealistic, cartoonish villain.

GT25Ump

Oct 24, 2009
Sioux City, Iowa
Yep, watching. Too much invested at this point.

Odd depiction of passage of time - Judith sure has grown, yet Maggie has no discernable baby bump.

I gave up on this silly and disappointing series, two solid seasons ago. Gawd, I loved it, for multiple seasons, but it's just a big joke now, sadly. AMC can die in hell for taking what was a great great series and just deciding to use it as a cash cow with no care for putting out an entertaining product. SADNESS

• Informative
Reactions: CloneinWDSM

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Hopefully since they've finally gotten to the premiere, AMC will get to its classic Halloween movies.

I watched a bit of beginning seasons' episodes this week and some of last season's episodes today and it was clear how much more intriguing the show used to be--now it looks like the actors are fully aware of how much they were forcing their lines/actions.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
One man has to die. And then multiple people armed with guns proceed to “shoot the glass” Hans Gruber style while said one man is standing out in the open.
Yeah, funny how well planned out every single detail was up to that point, such a genius idea on setting Negan up, and then when that one final moment came... The ball is dropped.
You guys had one job. Let's shoot glass 10 stories high, and not the enemy standing 30 feet in front of you. Negan was even perched up on a stoop in plain sight.

And that is one of the many reasons why this show is going downhill at a furious pace.
But yet, I will still tune in every Sunday and complain. I've gone too far to quit now.

• Agree
Reactions: SC Cy and Acylum

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Yeah, funny how well planned out every single detail was up to that point, such a genius idea on setting Negan up, and then when that one final moment came... The ball is dropped.

I think a lot of problems started when kirkman took on more control (which is why they had some showrunner turnover). They are stuck following the comic's plot points, which means for example, a terrible villain like Negan has to live far too long. What may have worked for the comic doesnt necessarily work for TV.

Because theyre stuck on the major points, the in the middle points dont end up making sense.

But yeah, 100 episodes in im too invested to quit.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclonedave25

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Negan standing in the open with 50 people with guns staring at him and no one thinks to shoot him? But they have this super elaborate plan to draw thousands of walkers to the Saviors? Ok....

And then to top it off, Gabriel gets locked into the same room with Negan. While Negan has a bat. And Gabriel has a gun. And Gabriel is the one that’s going to **** his pants? Ok....

This show was awesome because of character dialog and interaction. It’s a shell of itself now. But I’m 100 episodes in and am going to ride it out.