Maybe I should go to Mass before doing ranking ...

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I don't see the logic for having WVU and Tx above ISU at this pt.

I get Texas, they beat us and while they have lost two in a row, its been to top 10 teams that they took to the wire. They really just have TCU left to play so I see a nice run out of them to finish the season. That defense is nasty. WV I can't understand, not sure they've proven anything yet,they beat KU, Baylor, Tech, ECU and an FCS school.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
The question was about Texas being ranked ahead of ISU. Texas beat ISU head to head in Ames. That's all.

But that's a pretty meaningless way to do a power ranking this far into the season with many data points. As others have pointed out, by that standard ISU would have to be ahead of OU.

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
The question was about Texas being ranked ahead of ISU. Texas beat ISU head to head in Ames. That's all.

You also ranked Oklahoma ahead of Iowa State, so clearly your reasoning is not "If X beats Y at Y's home field, X > Y."

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
TCU
Ok St
OU
Texas
WVU
ISU
Tech
K St
Baylor
Kansas

OU is looking really beatable - that was a heartbreaker yesterday, Surly. OUs defense is going to get picked apart by Tech next weekend, but they will probably walk away with the W.
WVU looks like they are a loss away before the wheels completely fall off. Their comeback W against Tech doesn’t look as impressive after this week and they allowed Kansas to score 34 points. Their easiest game remaining is @ Kansas State and they still have to play OK St, Texas, ISU & OU. Its conceivable they go 1-4 down the stretch.
WVU offenses is the real deal. But man that defense is flakier than the old cat Lady.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
You also ranked Oklahoma ahead of Iowa State, so clearly your reasoning is not "If X beats Y at Y's home field, X > Y."

I hate to back Surly, but Im pretty sure he means when two teams are as close to one another as ISU and Texas are, you use head to head. Right now I would put Texas ahead of ISU, but its very close.

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX
It's bad that I saw the word "mass" in the title and assumed there was another shooting.